deposit made!

• Sponsors (?)

MustangSteve007 said:
What the... 26 grand for a base GT? i thought prices were staying the same.... that cant be right....:

26 grand is the pretty much solid price for a gt that has been seen everywhere, the base v-6 should still be around 20 ish but if you look at it, new plant, new body and the gt is the best you can get also with relatively equal power and such to the current mach 1 which goes for 29ish before rebates it's not that bad. However right now with rebates you can get a mach 1 on the road for about 26......mach 1 is tempting!

First i would like to thank Boganz45 for all the updates.

This car, the GT, fully loaded and intrest is going to be at least 35k for the first ones. When the 64 came out dealers where buying stangs from other dealers and marking the price way up cuz ppl where dishing out the money. this stang wont have that much buzz to it but it has a lot. and as history has showed us, its all about supply and demand. if someone will pay 40k 4 one and you only offer 39.5, the person with 40k will get it. its that simple. these salesmen are animals. i know my cuzin is one of em.

Hey dont forget about paying the insurence on that sucker. for me 21 and a clean record and five years driving experiance. a new stang is $250 a month. not too bad for a V8 but if my cuzin, same age but not a clean recored payes 550 for her new stang. OUCH :(

Good luck on the car Boganz45 :nice:

i have also put money down on an 05 500 bucks that is refundable my dealer said he will call me as soon as prices come out and i have ordered the first one that the dealership gets as far as insurance on yours you need to find a better company i have now a 91 gt and a 2001 lightning both full coverage and i pay 205.00 a month

fortunately once the prices come out and i sign the purchase contract, the car price is guaranteed (by the contract) not to increase from the original price i signed to pay. however, if they want 35k on the contract, they can give me my $500.00 back and i'll buy an '04 cobra or mach 1...

Good to know! I called and changed my color to torch red today. It is rather comical; the other day I was in the dealership spouting off all the specs on all the diff. models of mustangs while showing them to my brother and I knew more about the cars and incentives and rebates on them than did any of the salesmen. Also, my salesmen asked me to keep him posted of any updates I find online in the forums or elsewhere. He said that we usually will hear stuff faster than he gets news of it (as in the ordering / options date). Now time just needs to fly by!

I dont think racing stripes have ever been available on mustangs expect shelbys or special editions. But hopefully it will be cuz im thinkin about getin mine silver with stripes or the Redfire.

What do you guyz think about the Redfire color. Is it to dark.

while i was at the dealership i looked at all the different colors on the 2004 Stangs and I personally felt Redfire is a Burgundy / Maroon color. If you like that color then go for it. I am more partial to the Torch Red (candy apple red color) because not only was that the color of my 1970 Mustang, but also my favorite color as well. I feel the shine and brightness of the Torch Red are my two favorite characteristics of it, as well as I feel it to be the most classic Mustang color (although I am sure many will argue Lime Green)...

I just have one problem with the car form the outside. The back end, (where the quarter panel meets the bumper), it looks just like a 99 honda accord coupe doesnt it. Look at it form a side view.

What do u think? :shrug:

Wimp

:D

Just kidding. I am going to go out and test drive a few cars over the next few weeks and make my decision. I am planning on looking at a 2003 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Maxda RX8, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2004 Subaru WRX, and a 2003 Lancer Evolution. I am not a big ricer fan but these cars are all pretty quick. My favorite is still the 2005 Mustang GT. I will probably end up ordering one on May 17th and forcing myself to be patient until October or November to receive it. I just wish Ford was feeding us a little more information to keep our apetites wet.

:bang:

Thanks

Thanks for the warning. When I talked to the dealer last weekend they didn't warn me about that.

The Evo is last on my list due to the financial problems that Mitsubishi are going through anyway. There is a good chance they may not be around for the long haul. The only reason it is still on my list is because I get a really good deal on them through work.