diablo hand held

• Sponsors (?)

I like mine. Just plug it in and follow the instructions on the screen. If the guy has gears you'll have to select which ratio he has and modify that setting with the hand tuner. Don't try to adjust the fuel with it unless you have experience.

It seems like a lot of people on this forum like the Diablo.

I don't want to hijack your thread but I didn't think this question was worth its own thread:

How does the Diablo (or any tuner) work? Say I have 2 or 3 mods. Let's say CAI, exhaust, and maybe headers. Will the tuner automatically read that these things are on the car?

Secondly, what are the effects of a tuner with NO mods? Will it do anything at all?

05PhillyStang said:
It seems like a lot of people on this forum like the Diablo.

I don't want to hijack your thread but I didn't think this question was worth its own thread:

How does the Diablo (or any tuner) work? Say I have 2 or 3 mods. Let's say CAI, exhaust, and maybe headers. Will the tuner automatically read that these things are on the car?

Secondly, what are the effects of a tuner with NO mods? Will it do anything at all?
A tuner can't read what mods you have but you can custom tune it to comply with your mods. Tuning a car with no mods will make the tune more aggressive giving you some extra HP and torque.

Most tuners (re. DSP & SCT) have canned tunes for CAI's, CMCP's but these are for the intake side of the engine (They both allow for changes in gears & tire/wheel size changes too). In other words what is coming into the engine (air and fuel) and do not take into account exhaust (re. headers, free flow cats and exhausts). You can fine tune the canned tunes provided by DSP & SCT, but be very careful. Best to go to a shop that has a Dyno for the final adjustments for your particular setup. I have the DSP w/Steeda CAI and am about to install the FRPP Shorty Headers next week. You can see from my signature the rest of my improvements to my '05 GT. After these mods, the GT will go on the Dyno to clean up the canned tunes. Many reputable shops will save your custom tune so you can reload it if necessary when returning the car to the dealer for warranty work. Enjoy playing with your tuner, but when in doubt seek professional help "How much and when can you start?"