Differences between the 94 and 95 models?

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I know, the only outside appearance difference is the front piece of the stock ground effects moulding. The '94 has just a straight piece whereas the one on a '95 curves upward in the wheel well:

94:
94effectscopy.jpg

95+:
View attachment 452235

As far as interior changes go, I'm not sure, but it seems to me the ignition key cylinders are a different design. I could be wrong though.

Attachments

• 94effectscopy.jpg
    94effectscopy.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 43
1TallMF said:
As far as I know, the only outside appearance difference is the front piece of the stock ground effects moulding. The '94 has just a straight piece whereas the one on a '95 curves upward in the wheel well:

94:
94effectscopy.jpg

95+:
View attachment 452227

As far as interior changes go, I'm not sure, but it seems to me the ignition key cylinders are a different design. I could be wrong though.
Mine looks nothing like that on my '94
Sorry for the big images.
Picture896.jpg

Picture890.jpg

Attachments

• 94effectscopy.jpg
    94effectscopy.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture896.jpg
    Picture896.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture890.jpg
    Picture890.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, some early 95's had the straight piece as well. Funny you mention this but I always heard that 95s had different seat belt clickers so today when I was in my friends 95 cobra I snapped a picture of it with my phone. Ill let you know if its different tomorrow. Only other differences were colors available.

Here's some things a lot of people did not know about the two years....
In 95 they used an aluminum alloy in the frame to make it lighter....

If you look close at both the rear spoilers you will notice that the 95 tilts lower at the front to help with down force...

Also in 94 they used a different compound tire..............

Not sure what you're saying Eric. Both of those first 2 pics are FRONT images. One is a '94-early '95. One is '95+ only.

In other words, most cars with the "straight skirt" are '94's. ALL cars with the "rolled skirt" are '95 or newer.

'95's have seat belt holder's on the top of the seats that actually work. The '94 holder's suck.

CLICK HERE to see the thread I started about this last year.

SeventyMach1 said:
Not sure what you're saying Eric. Both of those first 2 pics are FRONT images. One is a '94-early '95. One is '95+ only.

In other words, most cars with the "straight skirt" are '94's. ALL cars with the "rolled skirt" are '95 or newer.

'95's have seat belt holder's on the top of the seats that actually work. The '94 holder's suck.

CLICK HERE to see the thread I started about this last year.
+1 I totaly agree Justin I almost ended up with a 94 GT.