Disadvantages of a 347 stroker?

• Sponsors (?)

marine_2003 said:
The 347 that i was going to build with AFR heads a custom ground HR282 cam a victor jr intake and a Holley 650 double pumper, 28 oz balanced and blueprinted, was going to make approx 650hp.

Not to be argumentative but... What power adder are you going to use and if it's a 2 bolt block, how do you plan to hold the block together?

txgunrunner said:
are there any disadvantages of a 347 stroker? i remember reading something about the piston pins interfering with the oil rings. thanks
I know in Coast High Performance's design the wrist pin doesn't intersect the rings. Maybe when the kits were first available. Earlier versions also used oil. The newer versions don't. Stroker kits made today are a lot more advanced and better made.
221395im000730.jpg
piston
525851im000731.jpg
piston

Having put more than just a few of these guys together.. the 347 ROCKS!! Oil rings will be NO problems IF the engine builder does it right ( Or you..). Boosted engines ( turbo/supercharged/NOS) will cause piston failure IF not ring gap correct!! also we have seen a LOT of KB ( yeah I know) and even Probe and SPS piston failure under boost IF all the fuel and ign requirements are not correct or at least on the safe side!!

We are now using only the Mahle reversed dome piston.. 8.9/9.1:1 in 347's and 331's under boost!! What does this mean to you?? Probably nothing.. but I just thought you should know... esp. if your looking for a good Forgiving piston and combo... ( I have 3 sets of piston failures using the SRP and Probe.. Not my built)

However done right .. I feel they are all a good set up, how ever I'll only build with the Mahle pistons IF it is going to be a "run hard" engine!! cool?? I guess it all comes down to "who techs out the pieces and puts it together.. dont cha think??

Just me.......................

Thumper