Disc brake control valve on 67....?

WarrenC said:
Yes, it seems your original post was right on the money. I just didn't want to accept it at first, but I'm beginnig to think it's the easiest way out. I'll just have to have a piece of line made to take up the slack in the back brake line and put it somewhere accessable. Kind of a pain to adjust where it is......
It seems odd that they would have chose to put it where they did.

well to keep it in perspective, you will tinker with the adjustment and then never mess with it again. I put mine where I did mainly because I could jump from the distribution block to it and then back to the original brake line with no cutting on the existing lines.

I sound like I am selling the adjustable ones, but really when it comes down to it you can dial a car in better with one than the standard ones ever did. Differences in engine weight, tires, and such make every car just a little differnet, but there was only one valve? Its not like the adjustable ones are expensive. My setup is a little dirty, but going from the rear brake line at the distribution block to a proportioning valve and then jump a line to the existing rear brake line makes it so you would in effect not be cutting up too much on the car and could go back to the original one when the time comes. The blue "X"s indicate the where the original brake lines and the "jumpers" hook up. I would say that it would not be all that expensive to have a shop create a jumper for the rear proportioning valve and then "nice" looking jumpers for the valve (nice compared to my butchered setup).

• Sponsors (?)

I want to thank you all for your help figuring this out. Especially you, MFP-your diagram is very helpful. I ordered an adjustable valve from NPD last night, and hopefully all will go well when I get around to installing it.
Well, I must go stand in the rain for a good part of the day. Looks like summer is here in the great NW!
Thanks again!