Dissapointed in the new Stang

royb said:
I've got a 1990 LX 5.0 & like it I'm even looking for clean 1992 but my 2005 is light years better than any fox out there. I've been getting pulled over by people on the street just so they can look at the 2005 Mustang up close. Heck that never happend in my Corvettes.

I was compairing a 2000 GT though. I love the new '05. You have to wonder if people will still want to see it in a few months.

• Sponsors (?)

re:CHEAP?

I can't believe what I am hearing. The 05 is top notch! You own a Z34 and are trashing the 05 Mustang! You obviously have no sense of quality. Why don't you pick up your log on and find a Z34 site, I am sure there are 3 or 4 others that own the same. Mustang owners prefer to talk positively among themselves about there past present and future cars. I assure you the last thing we want to read is a post like yours as 99% of Mustang people would strongly disagree with you. Good bye, enjoy your Z34 Lumina!

Jerry Dobbs Sr. said:
I can't believe what I am hearing. The 05 is top notch! You own a Z34 and are trashing the 05 Mustang! You obviously have no sense of quality. Why don't you pick up your log on and find a Z34 site, I am sure there are 3 or 4 others that own the same. Mustang owners prefer to talk positively among themselves about there past present and future cars. I assure you the last thing we want to read is a post like yours as 99% of Mustang people would strongly disagree with you. Good bye, enjoy your Z34 Lumina!

That's harsh dude. He's entitled to his opinion. He's wrong...but he's still entitled
:nice: I was a salesman at an SVT Ford dealer up until 2 months ago (slow sales don't buy groceries) I went up and checked out the new Stangs last weekend. They are ten times the car the last one was in a lot of ways, but they are still our good ol' Stangs. I give them two thumbs up :nice:

AzSnake said:
Hmmm that’s odd, it's a stainless steel exhaust system????? Not sure how it would be rusting unless it was submersed in sea water for a week. I'm raising the flag on this one.

There are literally hundereds of different stainless steel alloys. Most of us are familiar with 300 series alloys, these will not normally show any signs of rust. They have a lot of nickel in them so 300 series alloys are expensive and they are hard to form and machine because they are "springy" when bending and "sticky" when machining them.

Most auto makers use 400 series alloys for their stainless steel exhaust systems. 400 series have less nickel in them, are lower cost and are easier to form and machine. 400 Series Stainless alloys will show oxidation or "rust" on them but it will take many, many years for them to become damaged from rust.

351CJ said:
There are literally hundereds of different stainless steel alloys. Most of us are familiar with 300 series alloys, these will not normally show any signs of rust. They have a lot of nickel in them so 300 series alloys are expensive and they are hard to form and machine because they are "springy" when bending and "sticky" when machining them.

Most auto makers use 400 series alloys for their stainless steel exhaust systems. 400 series have less nickel in them, are lower cost and are easier to form and machine. 400 Series Stainless alloys will show oxidation or "rust" on them but it will take many, many years for them to become damaged from rust.

Also, you have to remember that it's stainLESS steel, not stainPROOF steel. Even the best stainless will oxidize to some extent.