distributor help

bigsexxy422

Nov 27, 2009
i have just recently got a new MSD distributor for my 5.0 i was wondering what springs i should run in it. i know i should have the base timeing around 14, but im not shure what springs to run. it is borde .30 over, has a single plane high rise intake with a 600cfm edelbrock on top. it has a 454 lift cam in it, and shorty headers. the heads are stock heads that have been ported and polished, bigger valves, and new springs. it is a 5 speed, and im not shure what rear is in it. it must be pritty tall because at 1500 rpm in 5th i am going 55 or 60 mph. i have a free flowing exhaust and removed the a/c and air pump. also if anyone has some 1.6 roller rockers they wanna sell cheap i would use them. for some reason my engine guy only put 1.5s in it. the cam is supposed to be 484 but with the 1.5s it is down to 454. he put chevy rockers in it for some reason, probly because it was what he had on his shelf. thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

LOL
the advance springs it comes with a few diffenrt ones and i am wondering if i need alot of advance quick or if i should spred it out over a few thousand rpm.

use the light silver ones. you want the timing to come right up to full as soon as possible. total timing is more important than base. when the advance is in you should have 32-34 total timing.

you might have to experiment as every engine is a bit different.

use the light silver ones. you want the timing to come right up to full as soon as possible. total timing is more important than base. when the advance is in you should have 32-34 total timing.

you might have to experiment as every engine is a bit different.

Hey you buy BMX bikes?Ever heard of a CW phaseII?I have one in mint condition with the smaller crank bearings As well as a PK ripper and a quadangle.peace

john:p