DIY turbo setup is oh so close

• Sponsors (?)

Is that how most turbo setups are ran, with both exhaust collecting into the turbo?
Is it rare to see just once side feeding a turbo? Surely that should be enough for a sufficient amount of boost?

with one turbo that's how it goes. if you have twins then each side gets a turbo so basically you have two 4-cylinder turbod engines with twins.

that is the pimpness, can i get a witness!

Alright, spent $19 dollars on a tap and got the pan tapped and the fitting in and thus the oil return line is now on. I filled up the coolant, oil, and got some gas since the tank was empty. Go to start it for the first time and nothing. Doesn't even crank. There is power to the starter because is sparks when I touch a wrench to the postive connection. I need some help guys. Is the starter maybe bad or a ground not connected? Any other ideas as to why it wouldn't even crank?

Thanks.

how much did you spend on this turbo setup??

i'm looking into turbos myself but i'm looking at HP performance and what apears to be about 5K to get everything i need, (injectors, etc,etc,).

what about fuel system? what pump(s), fuel lines, rails,

how much air will that turbo push not just psi, how much are you going to push?

i want about 500 rwhp and 500 rwtq myself?

are you using a blow through maf or a regular one?

I'm sure i can think up some other stuff but i'll stop here.

looks awesome btw:nice:

i'm jealous:hail2:

Alright, spent $19 dollars on a tap and got the pan tapped and the fitting in and thus the oil return line is now on. I filled up the coolant, oil, and got some gas since the tank was empty. Go to start it for the first time and nothing. Doesn't even crank. There is power to the starter because is sparks when I touch a wrench to the postive connection. I need some help guys. Is the starter maybe bad or a ground not connected? Any other ideas as to why it wouldn't even crank?

Thanks.

check your grounds to motor.:nice:

nice setup and what do you expect to make with your setup???:shrug:Other han paving roads with rubber.:)

Very nice build man, after building my twin turbo setup, if i ever went turbo again i would go with a big t-70 single like you did. Very clean, and i know how much work something like that is.....impressive. I might have missed it, but what are you doing for MAF, fuel and what a/r turbo are you running?

how much did you spend on this turbo setup??

i'm looking into turbos myself but i'm looking at HP performance and what apears to be about 5K to get everything i need, (injectors, etc,etc,).

what about fuel system? what pump(s), fuel lines, rails,

how much air will that turbo push not just psi, how much are you going to push?

i want about 500 rwhp and 500 rwtq myself?

are you using a blow through maf or a regular one?

I'm sure i can think up some other stuff but i'll stop here.

looks awesome btw:nice:

i'm jealous:hail2:

Total? Well ya know the downside is that I never put together a list and prices. Stupid thing, but I was just buying so much stuff here and there I just stopped keeping track. Most likely it was around 2500-3000.

For my fuel system I have 42 lb injectors and a 255 Walbro. Stock lines and rails.

If you arent referring to psi I really dont know what you mean by how much air will it push.

As far as power yeah, 500/500 will be a cake walk with my setup. Not necessarily for my clutch, but that will get replaced in the spring. I plan to keep mine around 500-525 until I get a different block. However, when I can afford internals and a block I would like and am sure I can achieve 650rwhp.

As for the meter it is a Pro Mass Air systems meter.

Anything else you wanna know just ask!

Thanks for the kind words!

Very nice build man, after building my twin turbo setup, if i ever went turbo again i would go with a big t-70 single like you did. Very clean, and i know how much work something like that is.....impressive. I might have missed it, but what are you doing for MAF, fuel and what a/r turbo are you running?

Maf is a pro mass air systems. 42 lb injectors and a 255 Walbro. Shoot the turbo a/r. That was awhile ago I bought it but I believe it is .68 and .70

wow man, nice to see it's coming together completely!

have you considered going down to a numerically lower gear, like 3.27's? from what i've read, that'll help you build more boost. i'm sure Kyle can attest for that.

any word on how much rio95 would charge for a hot-side?

yes....3.27s were a HUGE improvement over 3:73's......first gear was useless and wouldent build decent boost till 2nd.

I realized when i was going up a hill in 2nd, floored it, and was amazed what the added load did.

I still have my 3.27s and even though my car is slow N/A, i really enjoy being able to cruise on the highway.....plus they will be nice for my kenne bell!

yes....3.27s were a HUGE improvement over 3:73's......first gear was useless and wouldent build decent boost till 2nd.

I realized when i was going up a hill in 2nd, floored it, and was amazed what the added load did.

I still have my 3.27s and even though my car is slow N/A, i really enjoy being able to cruise on the highway.....plus they will be nice for my kenne bell!

Yeah, I definitely am going to be switching to 3.27s, but that will have to come next year since money is tight. Next summer I want to get a clutch, rollcage (so I can actually race it since its a vert), and maybe a tranny if I can afford it, and 3.27s.