Do people yield you the left lane?

GreyDiesel

Jul 26, 2008
Denver, CO
I have noticed, since I got the stang, people will get out of my way on the highway. I think, just like in the movie Bullitt, a mustang in your rearview tends to get noticed. It is great. I used to think people did not use their rearview mirrors, as I would often pull up on folks going too slow in the left lane, and they would just sit there, continuing to plug up traffic --this was in my previous car, a volkswagon. Now, that rarely happens, and I find it surprising the difference is so noticable. I almost feel like a cop with the sirens blaring, that left lane just clears out. Especially other folks in Fords, they know whats up.

• Sponsors (?)

I've found it to be just the opposite....with every 'stang that I've ever had.

If I'm in the passing lane, people will purposly get over and block the lane.

If I'm in the slow lane, they will pace me so that I can't get over.

Even if it's some 70 year old in a broke down chevy S-10 they are wanting to race, (or thinking that I'm wanting to race them).

Maybe its all of the dumb asses here in Ohio.

But, I never had that problem with any of my lifted 4x4 vehicles with thick steel bull bars on them. Usually, when they see this coming, they get out of the way...because they KNOW that I don't care if I hit them...LOL

IMAGE_00020.jpg

Death Race was a pretty good movie. The story was a bit weak, but it made up for it with action. Jason Statham has had a few good movies recently.

You'd definately have something different if you did a clone of that car and drove it around. Nothing like the Knight Rider and Transformers clones.

Wonder what kind of gas milage you'd get with all of that armor? And forget about you're 1/4 mile times.......:eek:

Also, if you put the guns on it you'd get pulled over every other block, whether they were functional or not.... (maybe you could put a big red plug in the end of it like they do with the toy guns...LOL)

I jinxed myself. I had about 10 people trying to race me today in busted ass cars. One almost hit me in the back and than tried to pass me on a single lane road with cars coming. The guy was driving a 1988 Blazer none the less ...

I live in Northern California. Home of bumper to bumper traffic 5-10am and 3-6pm Monday-Friday. Used to live in LA. Home of bumper to bumper traffic all the damn time.

Every so often people will move out of your way to let you pass but it's honestly easier and less aggravating just to go around them on the major 8-10 lane highways. Not too many 2 lane highways around here except heading south and even those open up to 3-4 lanes both ways. Single lane highways have passing lanes everywhere so it isn't too terribly bad.

I rarely EVER have people get out of my way here in upstate NY. Like bradleyem I've noticed people purposefully (or at least it seems like it) try to get in my way. The drivers around here are notoriously bad anyway, never using their turn signals, going through red lights, etc.

We call them left lane Richards {AND YOU ALL KNOW dICK IS RICHARDS NICKNAME} CAN'T STAND IT ON AN OPEN HIGHWAY SOME GASHOLE DOING "THE LIMIT"oops sorry I was so excited Istarted yelling . And while doing the limit thinking its ok to be in the hot lane.

My local stretch of highway has an identical vista blue unmarked State Trooper that patrols...i assume that is why they are moving over for me...I have actually pulled up behind him in the middle lane and he pulled to the right and waved...

The troopers are using Chargers around here any time you see one you gotta assume its the police and foot off the right pedal.

I'm origionally from Upstate NY myself.

I remember when the crotch rocket craze first caught on, and the NY highway patrol answered back with unmarked supercharged fox body mustangs. Now those were some sweet patrol cars :nice:

Here in Miami (where we consistently get voted the worst place to drive with the worst and rudest drivers), people don't get out of the way. Sometimes, if it's some poor old lady, you can spook her into getting out of the way. Usually, you will get someone brake-checking you and possibly flicking you off while they curse you via the rear-view.

Fortunately, I was born and raised here, so I am one of those a-hole drivers and part of the reason we get voted the worst place to drive every year. It's at times like this when a mean downshift is required, a blow-by with the arm fully extended out the window and the middle finger pointing at the clouds, while I simultaneously make my way in front of them.

I have tried the flashing lights technique, the tail-gate technique, the horn, and ever annoying left-to-right swaying. People here just don't care. They will line up 3 cars across a 3 lane highway, all going 50mph. It is tedious, annoying, and infuriating. Which is why I have completely given up on proper road etiquette. Screw it.

I've found it to be just the opposite....with every 'stang that I've ever had.

If I'm in the passing lane, people will purposly get over and block the lane.

If I'm in the slow lane, they will pace me so that I can't get over.

Even if it's some 70 year old in a broke down chevy S-10 they are wanting to race, (or thinking that I'm wanting to race them).

Maybe its all of the dumb asses here in Ohio.

But, I never had that problem with any of my lifted 4x4 vehicles with thick steel bull bars on them. Usually, when they see this coming, they get out of the way...because they KNOW that I don't care if I hit them...LOL

IMAGE_00020.jpg

Somehow, safely pass and get ahead of him and then turn on your windshield washers. and Rugedraw, when you do the left/right thing, just keep left and position your headlight in the person's rear view mirror. I've never squirted anyone but did the left headlight thing.

In SF Bay Area, people are generally good about moving over. There is usually a line of cars pushing the one in front. Front car bows out and the line in back speeds up. Original car then gets in back of the line pushing the line in front.