do the March pulleys work better?

The NJ Exile said:
I had the same problem... I said F the washer and used red Locktight. That dam washer almost cost me ( I about striped the nut trying to get that dam thing on there...
how did that work out for you, with the locktight?.. i have some, but im on campus now and the pulley is at home. I was just wondering how many threads you were able to get on without the washer on there, and if you had any charging issues...? plus, why do they even give you that lock washer if the stock one doesnt have one? does the aluminum slip a little compared to stock or something?

• Sponsors (?)

i have the march pulleys, they are black so they may be steel and not aluminum. either way my 95's voltage gauge drops at idle, it drops even more when i turn the steering wheel and sometimes stalls. i have a new optima red top battery so i know that that parts good. also, when im at an idle and i rev my engine up the red battery light on my dash lights up. it seems as if it gets too much juice and the light goes off. ive considered swapping back to stock or getting a different set and selling mine but i havnt. its a combo of lazieness and my will to keep what ever makes my car faster on it.

these posts seem to favor aluminum either way, so i'd say go for it. i just hate bbk products so i'd never favor anything on them over another company.

-fawcett

fawcett said:
i have the march pulleys, they are black so they may be steel and not aluminum. either way my 95's voltage gauge drops at idle, it drops even more when i turn the steering wheel and sometimes stalls. i have a new optima red top battery so i know that that parts good. also, when im at an idle and i rev my engine up the red battery light on my dash lights up. it seems as if it gets too much juice and the light goes off. ive considered swapping back to stock or getting a different set and selling mine but i havnt. its a combo of lazieness and my will to keep what ever makes my car faster on it.

these posts seem to favor aluminum either way, so i'd say go for it. i just hate bbk products so i'd never favor anything on them over another company.

-fawcett

Seems to me you have a problem elsewhere in your electrical system (unless you have something like a sound system drawing more juice) because with my pulleys, the voltage gauge will drop a little and the lights will dim slightly, but that is all.

fawcett,

What does your ps fluid look like. My car used to get pretty bad when idling and turning the wheel (almost die when I bought it) since then I have run some new fluid through the system a half dozen times or so and it is much better now (although the fluid still looks horrible, time for a few more quarts of ATF...)...

Just a thought.

fawcett,

What does your ps fluid look like. My car used to get pretty bad when idling and turning the wheel (almost die when I bought it) since then I have run some new fluid through the system a half dozen times or so and it is much better now (although the fluid still looks horrible, time for a few more quarts of ATF...)...

Just a thought.