Does anyone else find it hard to shift into 3rd real fast?

• Sponsors (?)

I sure dont see how you guys can powershift our cars. I dont think I'll ever be able to. It did however take me 1 transmission in my 92PGT to get as good as I was on my 92Probe Non turbo. The PGT tranny was kinda crappy when I first bought it though. Good car to beat the hell out of.

JonJon said:
ok, mine isn't like hard to shift into 2nd, but it's not as smooth as 3rd.
is your car broked?? :eek:
nah with the GT i just wasnt able to do a clean shift at the track into 2nd. i dunno what i was doing wrong but for some reason it just wasnt working

mogs01gt said:
LMAO actually if you have ever worn those race shoes, it makes you feel the pedals better. I cant drive in Boots. I usually bring tennis shoes to the track.
Same here. When I go out racing I usually wear running shoes, or at least have them w/ me in the car.

Shifting take a lot more effort with the Tri Ax. I can always nail, 1st - 2nd, its not perfectly smooth, but it goes in 100% of the time. 2nd to 3rd even with the Tri Ax, it feels like I hit a wall sometimes :shrug: I dont know what the crap it is. It happens maybe 5% of the total time Ive had it in.
I was behind a red 40th today, pined it out of a turn in 1st, spun the crap outta 2nd and had to ease into 3rd since it felt like there wasnt even a spot for it to shift into. I sure showed him :rolleyes: Revs came down and it went in fine.
Ive never had the problem powershifting, but every now and then it feels like there isnt a spot for the shifter to go into 3rd when I rev it up to 6000 or so :shrug:

Monkie said:
Another thing that is weird is with the stock shifter I could slam the hell out of 3rd but with a short throw shifter it is a bitch!
I've never had a stock shifter, but when I go into 3rd it doesnt' just slide in. It's like it hits something, then pops in. I can never make it just one fluid motion. So I just do it as fast as I can. :shrug:

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I was thinking about getting the Steeda tri-ax, but it sounds like it is tuff to
shift with. Should I stay with the stock stick? :shrug: Why does everyone have one if it is so hard to use? :(
well i still believe its a great mod, and it shortens the shift considerably, but its just a bit tougher to push the shifter into 3rd :) no worries though, you'll get used to it very quickly

tewetzel said:
I've never had a stock shifter, but when I go into 3rd it doesnt' just slide in. It's like it hits something, then pops in. I can never make it just one fluid motion. So I just do it as fast as I can. :shrug:
I have the same flippin' problem. Only does it when I 'm driving like I stole it. I usually stick it in 4th when it doesn't want to go in 3rd instead of forcing 3rd.

I have a tri ax and the 1-2 shift is a lot easier than the 2-3 shift. I dont' powershift either even though I probably should. I'm not good on the 2-3 shift because it's not a smooth shift and I like to make sure it's in and not chance it, rpms drop though. :(

tewetzel said:

Yea, that is what I'm talking about. It goes out of 2nd fine then *thunk* like it hits something then I can force it in. It never just glides in like console shifters. :(