Doh! Broke the Grille

BPMWare

Sep 20, 2006
I searched and wasn't about to find anything about this. Sorry in advance if I missed it.

Last night while working under the hood of my 98 GT, I mistakenly leaned against the pony emblem and broke her clean off. Attached to the emblem is a backing along with three pieces of plastic that connect to the car.

Can anyone tell me exactly what I broke? Is it the entire grille that extends the full width of the car? I'd always considered getting a billet grille and putting my pony on her, but I'm concerned I may have just broken something I shouldn't have.

Any suggestions on what I need to replace this (or if a non-insert type billet would work?) Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Came across the information I needed and thought I'd post it here for future searches.

94 to 98 (perhaps newer years as well) emblems are connected via the emblem, to a small metal bracket, to the header panel. The header panel is made of plastic and extends across the full front of the car.

In my case, I broken header panel itself. Ordered a new one from eBay for around 50 bucks (including shipping).

Best!
BPM