dont hate me!

4bangen

Nov 3, 2004
ok this is an iffy thread here, may even be borderline treasen.
as some of you know I have two turbocoupes, one is an 88 5speed. the other an 87 auto. my 5speed is my baby and will stay a turbo4. but I've been brainstorming on what to do with the 87. I want to make it a purpose built dragracer. let me give you some backstory on the car. it has a cracked head and a bad ihi turbo the car is an auto with a gernade of an a4ld inside the trans tunel. the body is mostly strait exept for both rear corners are dented. driverside is not so bad and will pop out but the pas side is gona need abit more attention. ok so here's what I'm thinking I've got 3 main ideas.
#1 2.3t with holset, stinger header, eslinger head and cam, and race exast(4inch downpipe out behind passenger front tire) all ths attached to a c4, with a manual valve body and a trans brake.
#2 scrap the 2.3l all together and go big! a n2o fed carbed 460ci.
#3 a turbocharged small block, like a 351w. this way it will still be a turbocoupe.
ok so now comes the part where I ask a bunch of 2.3 guys if I should go with a v8!lol. but seriously witch setup has more potential?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like to have a V8-powered TC clone myself...to go with mine. Would love to have one with a nice EFI 351W under the hood, backed by a 5 speed, but I doubt I'd put any forced induction on it. Since owning my TC I've fallen in love with fox thunderbirds and I want to own another, with V8 power.

Maybe one of these days.

egnorant said:
Do you need me to lop a hindquarter off the bird?
Hood is safe (and in good shape too!) pending transport.
Bruce in East Texas
that would actualy be cool. the right rear is the one that needs the most love and attention. and ya I'd like the hood. also how are the tail lights? sorry I had to cut you off the other day, call me again and well figue out a deal.
matt.