Don't know what I should build

lxman

Nov 5, 2010
Avondale, AZ
I am trying to decide what to build and I can't make up my mind. I would like ya'lls opinion. I can't decide whether to build a 347 or 408 stroker. It will have:

-AFR Heads 185cc with 72cc combustion
-Lunati Voodoo Camshaft 1800-6200 227/233 @ .050 and .522/.538 Lift
or
B303 Cam
-Victo Jr. intake
or
Summit Rracing Street/Strip Stage 1

What do you guys think? I am wanting between 400 to 450 hp. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I wanna keep compression low because I am thinking about super charging it later. From what I have seen the bigger the combustion chamber the low the compression will be and I want my motor to still be boost friendly. If you have a better suggestion do tell. I am open to ideas. I am just try to finalize what I am going to do.

I wanna keep compression low because I am thinking about super charging it later. From what I have seen the bigger the combustion chamber the low the compression will be and I want my motor to still be boost friendly. If you have a better suggestion do tell. I am open to ideas. I am just try to finalize what I am going to do.

get the compression around 10:1 and worry later if you boost it. if not youll have the slowest 408 ever built.

Heads- Anything bigger.

Cam- the Comp XE and XFI lines are good modern cams, but really, unless you really know what you're doing, your best bet with a cam every single time is with actually talking to a cam professional. 90% of OTS cams just won't do a good stroker any justice (or any modified V8, for that matter). Most cam companies have "cam recommendation" forms. Once you know the heads, intake, compression ratio, idle quality, rpm range, etc., that you want to use, fill one of those forms out and contact the company and go from there.

Could spend a little more money and go custom, too...

You should deciede on cubic inches, and call a someone who either builds motors, or designs cam profiles and buy what they tell you to get for supporting parts. Im finally doing a custom cam in my motor and there are a couple things that i should have done differently, and i have decieded to only make one change and sacrifice some power using the parts i have. Do it right the first time, buying stuff twice isnt cheap

Cool. Thanks guys. So, if I understand everyone right. Basicaly the setup i mentioned would be good for a 347 just not a 408. Is that correct. I really appreciate the help! I have been pullin my hair out tryin to decide wghat to build. This car is my project/daily drive, so I'm lookin for performance and streetability.