Door handles

Boostedpimp

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 8, 2003
NJ
It's time to replace the door handles on my car and after checking out my options it seems there's only the metal handles out there now a days which is ok with me but is there anybody out there using the handles that don't use rivets?

I'm asking because I've never really delt with rivets and was wondering how the handles that don't use rivets mount and what is used

• Sponsors (?)

All fox handles use rivits...u got to drill the center out or try to punch it out without breaking ur windows.....I had mine done at a body shop..40 bux for both....he used a air numatic rivet gun which i recomend..u take a chance with that big rivet tool of smashing ur window out..

i used bolts with a lock washer/nylon nut when it came time to replace mine. that way i dont have to drill a hole through the handle if/when I ever have to do it again.

Im going to go the bolt route I think...

All fox handles use rivits...u got to drill the center out or try to punch it out without breaking ur windows.....I had mine done at a body shop..40 bux for both....he used a air numatic rivet gun which i recomend..u take a chance with that big rivet tool of smashing ur window out..

99% of the handle kits out there are the standard rivet type but there's a kit or two out there my be blue oval industries I forget off hand but they use bolts

I bought mine from the local auto parts store. They were the HELP! brand. they had them in plastic and steel flavors and both had holes for bolts. I highly recommend the metal ones as the plastic ones only lasted about 8 months before I snapped them off too.