door panel trim suggestions for re wraping

mustangkid2.3

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Piqua, Ohio
anybody have a suggestion of a good way to re wrap the door panel piece right above the armrest...mine is gray and looked better in its earlier days..so i want to re wrap it in a black material, i think the black will be look good with some of the other black trim pieces in the car as well as with the black paint job on the body..any suggestion on what type of stapler or technique etc. that i might go by...the old stuff is stapled on with what looks like a 1/2 in crown, but the depth im unsure of, im also not sure of how they got the staple points to bend to secure it and have them under the fabric

• Sponsors (?)

i took mine off in black carpet. looked really nice.....another nice touch is to wrap the bottom of the door panel......the carpet area and the speaker grill...in the same color carpet. anyways...all's i did when re-wrapping was use some good spray addhesive...3m works great....and ha household stapler...the staples and just long enough to hold the carpet.....plus when you install it back on the door...the carpet is smashed between the door and that panel..so it won't un-wrap or anything.
my 2 cents

i took mine off in black carpet. looked really nice.....another nice touch is to wrap the bottom of the door panel......the carpet area and the speaker grill...in the same color carpet. anyways...all's i did when re-wrapping was use some good spray addhesive...3m works great....and a household stapler...the staples are just long enough to hold the carpet.....plus when you install it back on the door...the carpet is smashed between the door and that panel..so it won't un-wrap or anything.
my 2 cents

Use the spray auto trim adhesive. It is a rubber cement like glue you spray on both sides and it holds great. I just redid my arm rest, dash pad and the door carpet with it. I got some black vinyl from the local fabric store and it worked great.