doors

Foxy2.3TC

Sep 2, 2008
so my doors are not catching all the way. there is a slight gap between the weather stripping and the actual door metal. any ideas on what i need to replace to get my doors to lock tight and shut all the way?

the car has been parked and unstarted for nearly 3 months now and when i finally cranked it up, the ebrake light on the dash is on but it didnt drive like it was engaged, it is a sensor out of whack from sitting with the brake on for so long? any ideas?

thanks =)

• Sponsors (?)

I'm with him on the striker bolt, and as for your e brake light, remove your center console, theres a switch mounted on the base of the e brake assembly. Lube it if it's stuck, replace it if it's broke. You might be able to see it without removing the console, if you can get at it wiggle it and see if it pops up, then lube. I'll bet the switch is the problem.:nice:

There's a grey plastic sleeve that goes on the striker bolt. It gets worn out and breaks off. You can get a replacement sleeve at the parts store. I've found them in the HELP! section where they keep the window cranks, pedal pads, door handles and such.