Dr. GAS or Bassani/ Magnaflow or Flowmaster

Pootiestang

That's MISTER boy to you!
Founding Member
Dec 25, 2000
Sav, Ga
Hey guys, I am finalizing my exhaust set up right now and just wanted yalls opinion on what to get.

this is for a basically stock Mustang GT manual 5 speed with 4.10s and looking to be set towards drag racing.

BBK LTs
Dr. Gas X pipe, or Bassani X pipe
with
Magnaflow catback or Flowmaster catback.

What should I go with? Also how big are the tips on the flowmaster? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Pootiestang said:
Hey guys, I am finalizing my exhaust set up right now and just wanted yalls opinion on what to get.

this is for a basically stock Mustang GT manual 5 speed with 4.10s and looking to be set towards drag racing.

BBK LTs
Dr. Gas X pipe, or Bassani X pipe
with
Magnaflow catback or Flowmaster catback.

What should I go with? Also how big are the tips on the flowmaster? Thanks!

I read an older post from Tim @ T&J's Performance, and he has tons of experience with mustangs. He says the best power is made with a Dr. Gas and Flows set-up.

Pootiestang said:
Why is everyone going for Dr. Gas? I always thought Bassani to be a great X pipe. Just curious as to your reasons!

Keep the votes comin!

have you ran your car in the quarter mile. I have alot of the same mods as you and was thinking of getting 4.10's, triax shifter and pullies. I would like to run 13.5 or better.

pjdellenger80 said:
have you ran your car in the quarter mile. I have alot of the same mods as you and was thinking of getting 4.10's, triax shifter and pullies. I would like to run 13.5 or better.

My best is a 14.1 with a 2 second 60 foot time. I would say this is due in part to my current catback is a pos that my friend and I made ourselves. The car is running good 1/8 mile times, so this is why I am pursuising a new cat back.

If you want to go catted, go bassani (I have a full bassani set up and i love it) however, you cannot argue with numbers, and the Dr. Gas gives amazing numbers. The only thing is that it is an o/r pipe. Personally, I would go with the magnapacks for the catback over the flowmaster. They flow better and imo they have a better sound.

HardcoreSTANG13 said:
If you want to go catted, go bassani (I have a full bassani set up and i love it) however, you cannot argue with numbers, and the Dr. Gas gives amazing numbers. The only thing is that it is an o/r pipe. Personally, I would go with the magnapacks for the catback over the flowmaster. They flow better and imo they have a better sound.

If they flow so good, why is Tim from T&J having a better result with Flowmaster? Just curious.

Go with Magnapacks and magnaflow x-pipe. You will find it pretty cheap on
www.mustangexhaust.com the cost is so low they can't even advertise it on their website due to regulations set by Magnaflow. Once you go in there all you have to do is request that they email you a link with the prices.You will get the email within a couple of minutes.