Drag Groups that race at Pacific Raceways

76mach1

Oct 13, 2008
Im looking for some groups that go out on weekends down to Pacific Raceways for some laid back fun racing. I use to do High School drag nights but since i am no longer in high school im looking for some group or class to race with once in awhile. I have a mildly built 76 mustang mach1 with a 302, isnt anything that is gonna tear down the track....yet....but is a fun street car. Any ideas? Pacific Raceway's website just give me schedule dates but no real info on classes or groups that will be racing. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Check out Heads Up Northwest. (headsupNW.com) they run about 4 different classes, all dictated by tire size/type. They run on a .400 pro tree, no dial in, he who gets there first wins. It is a lot of fun even if your car is not that competitive, cause sometimes things fall your way and you win with the slower car. It is very addictive and a lot more fun than you would think. Plus all of the guy's who compete are very down to earth and are interested in making sure everyone is welcome. Try it, you'll like it!

Im looking for some groups that go out on weekends down to Pacific Raceways for some laid back fun racing. I use to do High School drag nights but since i am no longer in high school im looking for some group or class to race with once in awhile. I have a mildly built 76 mustang mach1 with a 302, isnt anything that is gonna tear down the track....yet....but is a fun street car. Any ideas? Pacific Raceway's website just give me schedule dates but no real info on classes or groups that will be racing. Thanks for any help.

You want the Car Club Challenge. Join the Ford Drag Team at a one time $10 fee and you are eligible to race the CCCA series at both PR and Bremerton. This organization is for enthusiasts more interested in getting their car running well and enjoying racing than in a quest for points. You win individual and team points though, but the orientation is toward enjoyment. You should park with the Ford Team. They usually have a little cookout going.

Go to CarClubChallenge.com, you actually join at the track.

Thanks Stock50LX, thats exactly what im looking for, i cant wait to hit the strip this summer. I was on the Ford's group website and saw they have a meeting in Clearview on Saturday nights. Do you know where in Clearview do they meet up at? Looks like alot of fun.

Thanks Stock50LX, thats exactly what im looking for, i cant wait to hit the strip this summer. I was on the Ford's group website and saw they have a meeting in Clearview on Saturday nights. Do you know where in Clearview do they meet up at? Looks like alot of fun.

I live near Tacoma so I don't travel to those outings. Bremerton opens for Test and Tune on April 2,3. If you want to make a pass after the long winter layoff, that's the first open date of the year.

i live near everett so i will be attending more races at Pacific Raceway, but i might have to make a trip down that way this summer to Bremerton. I have never been to that track. Right now im waiting on my transmission, i had some trouble with my TCI streetfighter C4 and had to send it back:(. Im hoping to have it back and running in a few weeks.

I cant wait for the racing season, i live about 2 minutes from PR. I do have to say that i will most likley heading to bremerton more often, the track may not be as nice but the track rep's are awesome, PR just wants your money and they could give 2 craps if you ever came back or not.

I cant wait for the racing season, i live about 2 minutes from PR. I do have to say that i will most likley heading to bremerton more often, the track may not be as nice but the track rep's are awesome, PR just wants your money and they could give 2 craps if you ever came back or not.

I live about 10 minutes from PR, and have run there every season since 1982, but I hate how long it takes to get a run in (2-3 hours between runs!). Like you, it feels like the track team doesn't give a crap about our enjoyment.

I started going to Bremerton in 2008, and it's cool there. Not as busy, lots of runs, nice people, etc. Facilities aren't as nice, but you can actually do some racing there! PR is more about sitting around waiting for hours on end doing nothing. Maybe someday when PR puts in their new and seperate dragstrip that runs north-south, we can get more racing done (since we won't have to give up race days to the road course events). In the meantime, I'll be at Bremerton much more often than PR.

i live near everett so i will be attending more races at Pacific Raceway, but i might have to make a trip down that way this summer to Bremerton. I have never been to that track. Right now im waiting on my transmission, i had some trouble with my TCI streetfighter C4 and had to send it back:(. Im hoping to have it back and running in a few weeks.

Several of us on the Ford Drag Team live in Sno County. Hope to see you at the track.