Drag Racing, Sway bars Yay or Nay

• Sponsors (?)

If you have bone stock suspension (ie no subframes) TEST the car before you go. Pull it off and drive around, see how you like it. I couldn't get my front sway bar back on the car fast enough. It was not a fun drive. I had stock suspension and no strut tower brace. Also, my 60ft did not change one bit at the track.

I am with gcomfx.com. Pull the front one and drive it a little with it off to test it out. This is what I did.
When I disconnected the front bar, the front suspension would travel a lot more on my launch, so that helped my 60' time out a little. It was fine to drive at the track in a straight line, but I would definitely would not want to drive around on the street without one.

Running without a sway bar scares me:eek:

My life is more important than a few pounds at the track:)

But if you choose to go for it, keep it at the track.

I could see no sway bar on a sn-95 more-so than the sluggish handling foxes.

I am not aware of any daily driven car that drives like that on a full-time basis. I am sure someone is 'brave' enough to do it.:)

I can attest that at least on my '93 fox, it has no swaybar, and it wollows around the corners, rubbing the tires on the fenders unless I really slow down in the turns. I want to put one back on, but the a-hole who had it before me removed the brackets and I can't for the life of me find anymore anywhere.