Drag radial tires????'s

• Sponsors (?)

I would advise against putting a 275 on a Ten Hole rim. 265s are pushing it, since they're only 7 inch wide rims, anything bigger will bulge out the sides and "round" the tread of the tire, which deteriorates performance. Besides, the difference is minimal and you'll get the same traction.

The tire in the picture is a 275/60-15 BFG DR. The tread pattern is different than the 275/50-15.

If you want to run a BFG DR on stock 7" rims, get the 235/60-15. It'll fit the rim much better. Also, it's a 26" tire which will be much better for you with stock gears. The 275/60 is a 28" tire and will be totally useless with stock gears.

I have 295/50's on my 15x8 Weld draglite's with 4.5 backspacing. I had to remove the quad shocks, roll the fenderwell's back & install air bags for them to fit without rubbing. But now since I'm installing my C4, I have to use a longer driveshaft & that has jacked up the rear so that I don't even need to keep the air bags inflated on the street. I plan on going with some 295/65 BFG drag radials coz I'm sure I'll have no problem fitting them with the air bags :nice:

the 275/60's will not fit unless you roll the inner fenders. if you are going to use the stock 10 hole rims go with the 275/50's. i use that all the time and they work great, no rubbing or anything, and yes they work fine on the 10 hole rims. people always talk about how your not supposed to mount those wide of tires on those rims. BS, ive seen people do it all the time. and i work at a tire shop and do it all the time for customers. never had a problem yet.

91gt5.0 said:
the 275/60's will not fit unless you roll the inner fenders. if you are going to use the stock 10 hole rims go with the 275/50's. i use that all the time and they work great, no rubbing or anything, and yes they work fine on the 10 hole rims. people always talk about how your not supposed to mount those wide of tires on those rims. BS, ive seen people do it all the time. and i work at a tire shop and do it all the time for customers. never had a problem yet.

The problem with mounting a tire that's too wide for the rim, is that it distorts the proper angle of the side walls, which is just as important in a drag radial or slick as the actual traction surface. I too used to work for Tire Discounters, so i know a far share about the subject. Like i said earlier, the difference in tread width is pretty minimal anyways, and the 265s are going to hook like crazy anyways.