Drags today.

a50sn95

Founding Member
Oct 12, 2001
Elk Grove, CA
Well, I did it. I took it out. Got 9 good passes and only blew it on one. (BIG bog AND missed second?). I went on street tires, so I knew the times would be off. ALso, it still has the 2.73's in the rear.... Still I would have liked to have seen a little more out of it. Maybe I just expected too much. The car ran like a top, the AFR was right on commanded (12-1) the whole pass, timing was at 22 total on pump gas.

Best slip:
Reaction: .079
60 ft: 2.327
1/8 8.63 @ 87.234
1/4 13.030 @ 112.296

I had another 13.033 @ 110 with a 2.1 60 ft.

So, I wonder what are gears worth to my combo? Going through the last 250 ft at 4200 rpm has got to cost me something. 3.55's look about right RPM wise for me.
Also, I had WAY too much fun, and am contemplating selling off my Cobra R's for some Welds and DR's....
Dennis

• Sponsors (?)

3.73 gears, tuning and driving will help a ton. All said and done, expect enough mph for high 10's.

Your problem is similar to mine, not enough gear for the combo going through the traps way too low of an rpm. 3.73's should be nice for you. I need 4.30's :) Do you have a wideband?

Good MPH trap speed. Get the 60' down from the 2.3X!!!! With the HP you have & some traction, you can get the 60' down to 1.6, which would knock .7 seconds off your time right there! Then get gears & you have a 11 second time slip. At least 3.73's.
Glad the car ran good. Good job.

a50sn95 said:
Well, I did it. I took it out. Got 9 good passes and only blew it on one. (BIG bog AND missed second?). I went on street tires, so I knew the times would be off. ALso, it still has the 2.73's in the rear.... Still I would have liked to have seen a little more out of it. Maybe I just expected too much. The car ran like a top, the AFR was right on commanded (12-1) the whole pass, timing was at 22 total on pump gas.

Best slip:
Reaction: .079
60 ft: 2.327
1/8 8.63 @ 87.234
1/4 13.030 @ 112.296

I had another 13.033 @ 110 with a 2.1 60 ft.

So, I wonder what are gears worth to my combo? Going through the last 250 ft at 4200 rpm has got to cost me something. 3.55's look about right RPM wise for me.
Also, I had WAY too much fun, and am contemplating selling off my Cobra R's for some Welds and DR's....
Dennis

Sounds like you've been bitten by that 1320 bug Dennis :rlaugh:

The mph shows you got so much more left in it :nice:

Better hook & steeper gears :eek:

I'd love some Pro Stars on my ride :D

Save weight ... More Power :banana:

Grady

Thanks. I'm not REALLY after a drag car. If I was, I know where there is a PRISTINE '66 Fairlane sitting that needs an engine.
I'd just like to be CLOSE to the 11's, without gutting the car.....
So, gears and traction, and not worry about the engine right now??
I'm looking at 31 spline Trac-locs on Ebay, if I rebuild it, is should be good enough with some 31 spline axles and some 373's? After that, I have to start worrying about my T-5....
Dennis

It was maybe 70 degrees. Very nice day. I think the MPH is down partly because of the gears. I shift into 4th at about 1000 ft, and am stuck going through the lights almost 2000 rpm low. (4200~ish). I thought it should be 5-6 mph faster, but I don't really know myself. What do you think it should be at? Have you been with yours?

I just messed with one of the datalogs of my runs in EECANALYZER. Here is a screenshot of the log file, the last WOT datapoint. Only 4500 RPM through the traps, and it's only about 6 lbs of boost right there.
I REALLY wonder what gears will be worth on this setup....
I like that the AFR is close to commanded......
This run was a 13.28 @ 110MPH with a 2.28 60ft.
Speedo is pretty close, too.

EA1.jpg

Hey Dennis

At a speed of 109, the high speed enrichment will be doing its thing for sure.

Still got it envoked or have you killed it?

Steeper gears would pick up your performance for sure.

What ratio are you considering?

Grady

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Yeah shifting into 4th has to be killing your trap speed. Ive never gone to the track with this setup but with the stock shortblock/heads/cam I was trapping at 114.5 in the summer heat. Do you have AIM? I have a few questions about EA and the Tweecer.

Doh, sorry, I don't have AIM. I only get to log on for a few minutes in the mornings and an hour or so in the evenings.
I'll be happy to answer anything here, though....
Dennis