Dream Engine?

tjm73

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2000
Rush, NY
Was gonna post this in Talk, but I think it's more Tech than Talk.

So anyway, mine would be a Kenne Bell blown 347

Dart 4.125" Big Bore 302 deck block
3.25" Stroker stroker crank
JE Dished 4.125" Pistons
5.400" H-Beam Rods
AFR 185 Heads
Ported GT-40 Lower
KB Blowzilla w/Flowzilla Inlet
Custom Camshaft

What's your dream engine for your 5.0? Small block, big block, blown, N2O, Stroker?

• Sponsors (?)

Dream engine?

Dart Aluminum 5.0L block, 4 bolt main, standard crankshaft, standard bore, 8.2" deck height.

331 cubic inch stroker kit, all forged with flat top pistons

AFR 185 aluminum heads, ported and polished

Victor 5.0L intake manifold kit along with a good EFI setup (right sized injectors, TB, MAF sensor, etc...)

SDS computer system to control the EFI.

Twin turbo setup using God knows what but something to produce a good and easy 800hp with this lightweight engine :D

um lets see....

dart 351w block
dss 408w stroker kit
BDS 8-71 Blower and on top of intercooler with the biggest ****in scoop i could find that could suck in small children (runnin at least 20 psi)
AFR 225 heads
Ported lower intake manifold
holley 4 barrel carbs
At least 150 shot N2O

i think that would be pretty good for me

Dart block 347 with heavily ported TW heads, edelbrock victor 5.0 intake ported/matched to heads or a tfs-R box intake, very big/aggressive 8000rpm hi rev hydroulic roller cam. Internals would be all light weight stuff with a neutral balance. Custom 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" longtubes with a full 3" exhaust.

All that stuff would be too expensive so I built my dream 347 stroker in my sig :) Has about 30 miles on it so far :D

hey grn how is the motor running now? i was reading ur other post and just wondering if you got all the kinks worked out? also you got ur motor from rick right? how much did it cost u total and what RWHP are you looking to get with it?
thanks
chris

Even two years before I purchased my stang, I always dreamed of dropping this big block power in whatever stang I got. I know the price is real STEEP, but I am going to use the money I get from when I graduate high school to buy it, plus in September, the place I work at is going to make me a Night/Shift Manager. There is TOO MUCH to type about this engine, it is a 418 w/ 515 Horsepower. Here is a link to it, so check it out, http://www.fordcobraengines.com/418w_515HP.htm

A low mile 427 out of an actual BB Cobra car .. pan to cleaner ....

I could sell it and buy a half dozen fox bodies and build them however I wanted. :nice:

For my new notch:
Aluminum Block
Aluminum Heads
EFI components to match
Mid range SC 500-600rwhp

Just a 'near' perfect street car that is always a blast to drive . :banana:

StreetStang302 said:
Even two years before I purchased my stang, I always dreamed of dropping this big block power in whatever stang I got. I know the price is real STEEP, but I am going to use the money I get from when I graduate high school to buy it, plus in September, the place I work at is going to make me a Night/Shift Manager. There is TOO MUCH to type about this engine, it is a 418 w/ 515 Horsepower. Here is a link to it, so check it out, http://www.fordcobraengines.com/418w_515HP.htm

You had better look into your State emissions testing laws if you want to be able to drive that on the street.

a dream engine I would guess would go in a dream car so obviously not something streetable.
One would be a sb engine, with a large bore and short stroke, very lightweight internals. Would be able to spin up to 8 grand Id bet.
Otherwise a built n/a 427. A 427 (same measurments as used back in the day) will smack around a 460 any day.
and oh yea an all forged chevy ls7 with twin turbos

tjm73 said:
You had better look into your State emissions testing laws if you want to be able to drive that on the street.

I already talked to the guy at THE ENGINE FACTORY, thats the name of the place where the engine is built, it is located in Irvington, NJ. The guy said he would make me an EFI version of the engine along w/ the same amount of Horsepower. However, he did say that I would fail emissions here in Jersey because of the Smog, but he did say that there are various ways around the law. I also in time plan to add a Procharger Supercharger w/ a 3 core intercooler to the 418. I know it is going to take time, but it will happen eventually.

Mine would be a 698ci Big Block Ford. With hemi heads, Tunnel Ram intake with two Dominators and a 2 stage fogger system.
698engine.jpg