drivability with H/C/I 302, full bolt ons.

I run 16* timing/39psi fuel pressure with a 75mm Pro-M Bullet with 30lbers.

No tune, 164k.

Averaged 19-21mpg with a peak at 24mpg.

Sometimes it would buck at a low rpm. Other than that it has more torque/horsepower and drives the same (if not better - besides the buck) than stock.

No regrets:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You should be running Autolite 3924s NOT 24s. The 24s are not a long reach plug as required by those heads. Right now your spark is having to travel down the rest of the spark plug hole and into the chamber instead of actually being in the chamber. Cannot believe this has been on here 3 days and no one pointed that out other than 2002BLGT. Change the plugs before you do ANYTHING.

I agree! If the plugs are not long enough to get the spark where it needs to be in the chamber the lower rpm is going to suffer, I think the correct plugs and some double checking on vaccum lines and tuning should help ALOT. When I did my HCI seems like it took my computer a little while to adapt to the changes.

gork1rogues said:
You should be running Autolite 3924s NOT 24s. The 24s are not a long reach plug as required by those heads. Right now your spark is having to travel down the rest of the spark plug hole and into the chamber instead of actually being in the chamber. Cannot believe this has been on here 3 days and no one pointed that out other than 2002BLGT. Change the plugs before you do ANYTHING.

I try , Thanks for backing me up on that ...always check the simple things first

2002BLGT said:
I try , Thanks for backing me up on that ...always check the simple things first

well, im pretty sure i DO have 3924's. not just 24s.. ill have to double check and make sure i really do have the correct ones.

the car is actually running better more often lately. not alot, but a little.

but ive only driven it maybe 700 miles in 2 years. so maybe burning out some of that old old fuel is helping. because i know it goes bad over summer..
and i never put any stabilizer in it:shrug:

you guys have given me a bunch of things to check. now i just need time off work to check them. tomorrow i work 10am-10pm, same thursday, 6:30am-11pm friday.:bang:

Bummer on putting in all those hours, the american way LOL

keep tinkering, like I said earlier my car seemed to run a little crappy but it came around with a little tuning and running, I'm gonna shoot for a dyno tune sometime before spring