driveshaft loop

i need a driveshaft loop and i was looking at the hpm performance one from 50resto... anyone use this one? im just curious where it bolts in resect to the inside of the car because you have to drill holes for the bolts... and im not really wanting to have to remove my whole center console if thats the case... im thinking it probably bolts in behind the seats somewhere?? any personal experience installing would be great or brand preference and why... the reason i liked theirs was because it looked like after you install the piece that bolts to the floor you can still simply remove the loop in the event you need to remove the driveshaft...

thanks

jim

• Sponsors (?)

if it mounts where the console is it will be bolting in on either side of the tunnel which will mean in addition to the console having to be removed the seats would have to come out and the carpet pulled back...just curious what kinda project i should be expecting...

I have that one on my 93. I did not have to remove the console. I just pulled the seats and had a friend pull the carpet up and hold it with a board right above where I was drilling just in case. Drilled the holes bolted it up and put the carpet back down. Pretty quick and easy.

Yeah,your gunna have to pull the carpet up to put it in jim.i just had one custom fabbed up at work.im going to text fit it and see about adding brackets to bolt it directly to the subframe connectors to make install easier and if it needs to be removed later.i'll show you exactly what mine looks like.
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10076

mine is an exact replica,except mine is a little thicker steel i believe.i have the blueprints still,if your interested i can prob have another made up for like 35-40 bucks.

Yeah,your gunna have to pull the carpet up to put it in jim.i just had one custom fabbed up at work.im going to text fit it and see about adding brackets to bolt it directly to the subframe connectors to make install easier and if it needs to be removed later.i'll show you exactly what mine looks like.
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10076

mine is an exact replica,except mine is a little thicker steel i believe.i have the blueprints still,if your interested i can prob have another made up for like 35-40 bucks.

blake- shoot me the prints if you get a chance [email protected] i have subframes so that would probably work out well cause then it would unbolt from under the car instead of screwing around with the seats and stuff... thanks man

jim

i have them printed out so i'll have to make a copy for you.actually if your not doing anything sat night secretly there is going to be a kegger at rons but he doesnt know it so keep it shhhh.hes leaving monday for iraq.i can prob give it to you then.i'll pm you my number