dual exhaust help

shooterm1 said:
OK, after 3+ weeks, my initial joy has been tempered now by the knowledge that I have lost some torque due to the Dual Exhaust.

I cant say that I wasn't warned ... but while I love the sound, I miss the lost power. :notnice:

any suggestions?

How do you know that you've lost power?
Did you do before and after dyno runs?

And how come people keep insisting that they gain power when they remove their cats due to reduced back pressure, but people who put on different mufflers or exhuast say they lost power due to the reduced back pressure.

Doesn't make much sense to me. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

351CJ said:
How do you know that you've lost power?
Did you do before and after dyno runs?

And how come people keep insisting that they gain power when they remove their cats due to reduced back pressure, but people who put on different mufflers or exhuast say they lost power due to the reduced back pressure.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Well, I drove the car for 7,000 miles with one line and 1,000 miles with duals ....

so I guess I'd notice the difference in throttle response .... right?

right?

shooterm1 said:
Well, I drove the car for 7,000 miles with one line and 1,000 miles with duals ....

so I guess I'd notice the difference in throttle response .... right?

right?

Not really, the SOP stop watch is notoriously inaccurate.

If you think your car is faster, you'll convince yourself it is. Conversely is you think you lost power you'll convince yourself it's been lost.

The only real conclusive tests are on a dynonometer or at a timed track.

shooterm1 said:
the car routinely chirped in 1st and 2nd before .........

now, only in 1st if pounded ....................................

ok?

I know my car - as do you , yours ~

Do you think that the H vice X pipe set up has anything to do with the loss of torque? In the sticky thread on the duals, I remember reading about the performance advantage of X over H, and the sound advantage of H over X. Rygen has written about it, also. Personally, I don't know, but someone in here does.