Dumb drivers+Me=i need a new bumper

• Sponsors (?)

Awwww crap man! I hate seeing threads like this, especially on such a nice car. As sexy as the car looks with those wheels, does this make you consider not running skinnies up front?

Edit: What is the word on insurance?

Awwww crap man! I hate seeing threads like this, especially on such a nice car. As sexy as the car looks with those wheels, does this make you consider not running skinnies up front? My car stops very well with the skinnies, despite what you would think, its no corvette, but it slows down better than a stock car with regular sized fronts.

Edit: What is the word on insurance?

Ive never had a problem with the skinnies in 5 years of having them on the car, so no. i would have locked the brakes up with a 225 up front, it was a full panic stop, i was going through the intersection at about 20-25mph and the road was slightly damp.

Insurance depends on who the cops say were at fault, i have limited collision, so if they find me responsible, im gonna have to eat the repair. There was nothing i could have done different about the accidnet though.

I was in the left hand lane, and there was a stopped line of traffic, with 2 cars in the intersection, the guy that was taking a left was stopped between the two cars and must have thought he had time to make it, well he was wrong

Now heres a question... should i switch to an 86 GT nose? how much work would it be for wiring? ive always liked the 86 bumper cover, so this would be a good time to swap it out.

I think i already know Nic's answer

I think i already know Nic's answer

Heh. :)

It is more when I see someone kill a perfectly good car to do a conversion that irritates me. Like what ‘ol boy was looking to do here: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/798445-help-convert-my-4eyed-hatchback-notchback-aero.html In your case, you already have a killed front end, just don't kill a perfectly good 4 eye to do the conversion and you have my blessing. You car needs repaired one way or another, right?

sucks to see that pic, i know how you feel. 2 punk kids ran out in front of me in a development for no reason, they just felt like jumpin off the curb and into the road. long story short, paint is peeling on my bumber, couple little scratches on my fender and both passenger tires are completely shot now, not to mention it completely messed up my ponies. now im back to 10 holes, luckily there kinda clean lol. i didnt go through insurence cuz it would have been more of a hassle then it was worth. for headlights, i have diamond clears, like the way they look but they leak pretty bad, i seeled them once already an there back to leakin, condensation all in the actual headlight housing on both sides.

no didnt affect the hood, most likely cause its fiberglass, but the hood is junk anyways, ive been wanting to ditch that for a long time, it did push the fender out though, and the body line is off :owned: crapola

The driver did one of those WTF, hand motions when he got out of the car, and if i got any closer to him i woulda beat him into last week, im not a voilent guy, but that got me all fired up, he cuts in front of me, and then has the nerve to act like its my fault.

he lucked out that there was a cop that passed 10 seconds after the accident

he lucked out that there was a cop that passed 10 seconds after the accident
Well, slugging the guy would've only made things worse for ya, but I feel your pain. I had a similar situation when some bozo ran a red light and ripped my rear bumber off. When the cop showed up his excuse was that I was moving too slow through the intersection. "Helloooo! I had a green left-turn arrow. You had a red light!" That is the absolute worst when a person makes a mistake then immediately looks to place the blame on someone else. Seems all too common these days.

Panic stops on stock(ish) Fox brakes are definitely ftl.

Well, slugging the guy would've only made things worse for ya, but I feel your pain. I had a similar situation when some bozo ran a red light and ripped my rear bumber off. When the cop showed up his excuse was that I was moving too slow through the intersection. "Helloooo! I had a green left-turn arrow. You had a red light!" That is the absolute worst when a person makes a mistake then immediately looks to place the blame on someone else. Seems all too common these days.

Panic stops on stock(ish) Fox brakes are definitely ftl.

yup that the reason i did the 5 lug and brakes first on my list of mods