Dumb Question Guys....

• Sponsors (?)

The big disadvantage with the speed Density cars is that when heavily modded, they cannot be tuned like the Mass Air cars. Its harder to get them running with the correct AFR. Some people get chips burnt for the computer, but most just do the Mass Air conversion.

It really depends how much you plan on modifying it...what are you plans?

Whatever GT I buy I want to pretty much take my time over the years and do the "works". Probably 331 stroker, heads, cam, intake, and mild boost. Probably just 6-8psi to keep it good reliable power. It will only be driven in nice weather. I would only put about 3,000 miles per year or less on my 00 GT when I owned it.

They respond badly to any amount of power pretty much exceeding the stock injectors.
Yes it can be done, there is many people that have. But they usually don't do it for necessity, they do it because they want to (for some unknown reason).
Cam needs to be fairly mild. look here http://www.50tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=50694

Unless you want a t top car, i'd stick with 89 and up, or plan to upgrade to mass air in the future.
Converting to mass air isn't really that big of a project.

They can be converted to mass air very easily. I wouldn't pass up a clean Speed density car over that one little fact.

In fact...i didn't. My car is actually pretty well modded and still has the SD system. I have the conversion, but haven't had a need to convert yet