Dune Trip and New Quad

duner

Mr. Warmth
Jul 21, 2003
Oregon
After going without for a few years I nutted up and bought a new quad. I’ve had many different atvs in the past and this time I wanted something that hauled ass and was comfortable. I bought a 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R.

This new Raptor has fuel injection so the mods were a little more expensive over a carbed setup. Before my first ride, I replaced the intake and exhaust. To correct the air fuel ratio I installed a Dynojet Power Commander. Dynojet had a map on their site that was written for my exact mods.

I’ve ridden the new quad twice since I picked it up. Both rides were with Cory. The first trip was to sand lake and Cory and I just returned from southern Oregon.

Cory is the man on three wheelers. I’ve never seen anyone ride the dunes like him. He’ll drag race anyone. I saw him spank plenty of sweet Banshees.

Cory and his friend Joey invited me to hang with them at Winchester and Florence. We had a ****ing blast. I love Winchester Bay and Florence was cool too.

Here are some pics from the trip to the big dunes. I took these and in a few days there should be some more from Cory and Joey.

Video of my climbing Banshee Hill. (No sound)
http://3bdr.com/duner/DUNES/Aug_2007/SN/MVI_1246.AVI

Here I am climbing Banshee Hill

IMG_1235.JPG

New Raptor on top of Banshee Hill

IMG_1130.JPG

Cory at the top of Banshee Hill

IMG_1138.JPG

Action shot of Cory climbing Banshee Hill

IMG_1159.JPG

Killer spot to watch the action in the middle of Banshee Hill

IMG_1170.JPG

Here's Joey on his YZF450 on some trails at Winchester

IMG_1298.JPG

Here's an action shot of a kid climbing a hard core trail up Banshee Hill. I got a little close.

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

Joey catching some air with Cory looking on

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

Animated

http://3bdr.com/duner/DUNES/Aug_2007/SN/C_BansheeHill.gif

http://3bdr.com/duner/DUNES/Aug_2007/SN/J&C_Wheelie.gif

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet!:nice:

As always Keith, your camera skillz are top notch.:flag:

The new Raptor's are so freaking comfortable and torqueeeee too with the programmer hooked up. Looking forward to duning more!:nice:

I was on PS this morning, and it looks like they are racing quite a bit down at Sand Lake on Saturday's, so we should schedule a day trip to SL soon:D

damn that looks like it KILLS sand lake riding.

i just finished up modding my 450 for the winter, maybe ill hit winchester for my final ride this year at the dunes.

yea... sandlakes nothing compared to the big dunes... its a good place for a quick day trip though wich is all I have time for usually :( nice pics btw keith! I need to get out to the dunes with you guys one of these sundays when its nice

damn that looks like it KILLS sand lake riding.

i just finished up modding my 450 for the winter, maybe ill hit winchester for my final ride this year at the dunes.

Have you been to the big dunes before?

Sand Lake is cool because it's close. Winchester, Horsfal, Hauser and Florence ROCK.

I have another trip planned for late October. Hell if I can drum up more interest I'd like to hit it again before October.

Keith

never been to the big dunes. only ridden at sand lake.. last 2 trips ive kinda gotten tired of it. same **** over and over again.

ill be ready to hit the big dunes once this year if it works out as planned, if not, ill bring the bike down next year.

never been to the big dunes. only ridden at sand lake.. last 2 trips ive kinda gotten tired of it. same **** over and over again.

ill be ready to hit the big dunes once this year if it works out as planned, if not, ill bring the bike down next year.

It's well worth the extra 3.5 hour drive. You can ride a long time and not see the same stuff especially when you start at Horsfall.

It's well worth the extra 3.5 hour drive. You can ride a long time and not see the same stuff especially when you start at Horsfall.

its another 3.5 hours from sandlake? damn, lol.

it takes us about 4 hours to sand lake from olympia area usually. so 8 hour drive.. better be worth it if im driving that far.