Dusting The Notch Off...

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I noticed a few more spiders in the yard as of late. Decided to clean up my rv gate area as the neighbors tree drops leaves and the wind blows them under my gate and under my car.

IMG_20160822_083955720~2.jpg

Poor dirty notch.

I got it all sprayed off. Dirt from recent and past haboobs were in all the nooks and crannies.

Plans are to drop the tank and empty it. New fuel filter, drop on a set of gt40 heads a acquired a while ago with explorer intake. Change oil and prime the engine before firing it up. Then ill get the AC serviced.

• Sponsors (?)

The rubber around the rear quarter windows has shrunk to the point I can almost see into the area behind it. Those things are pretty pricey for a notch though and as long as the dirt and crap is kept out I'll be good for now.

When I sat back in this thing it felt so good. Like hanging out with an old friend. I'm excited to drive it again.

Reactions: 2 users
OK Dave. I have a question, not Mustang related but fits in this thread. I have what is either stainless or aluminum rail that goes around the tub of my jeep and secures the soft / bikini top. At one point it was powder coated but most of that is flaking off. What's a good product to paint it with?

OK Dave. I have a question, not Mustang related but fits in this thread. I have what is either stainless or aluminum rail that goes around the tub of my jeep and secures the soft / bikini top. At one point it was powder coated but most of that is flaking off. What's a good product to paint it with?
Heck, any automotive paint is good. Depends what you want, glossy, semi-gloss, matte finish?

Then, do you want it textured or smooth? Body color, or a trim color.

Key to it is to etch primer it first. A two part etch is always better than a rattle can version.

Getting it powder coated again isn't a bad idea either. The powder coaters will sand blast it first.

Powder coating is obviously more durable. It really isn't tremendously expensive either.

Heck, any automotive paint is good. Depends what you want, glossy, semi-gloss, matte finish?

Then, do you want it textured or smooth? Body color, or a trim color.

Key to it is to etch primer it first. A two part etch is always better than a rattle can version.

Getting it powder coated again isn't a bad idea either. The powder coaters will sand blast it first.

Powder coating is obviously more durable. It really isn't tremendously expensive either.
@Noobz347 I meant to post this in the painting 101 thread. Can we get it moved so not to derail old blues thread?