Dyno disaster at Carlisle (well dang near)

I just missed your runs on the dyno, as I was comming up the hill I saw your car coming down. Those guys didn't seem very proffesional and that mystic was an 84 with an aero nose.... :nonono: Two shirts at 20 bucks a piece....yeah stuff was overpriced. :rolleyes: Stopped by the field to see your car but you weren't there. Nice car...... :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Hotrodnut, a friend passed a gaggle of newer stangs coming home Sunday and the first one, a 03 mach or cobra was blowing smoke bad enough they pulled over. Operator popped it on the dyno and he was trying to limp it home.

TJM, it has a blowoff valve, but it's only a 1" bosch and at 6k the blower is pushing huge air against it. The fact that the belt walked off is what really pissed me off because the that means the blower stalled enough to chatter the belt (it's never ever done that before). The dyno roller is really heavy and takes a while to spool down, kind of like putting the ole 302 in a semi and engine braking down a mountain at 6k.

In all honesty as it was happening I was pretty calm, even a little 'happy / thrilled' to be doing it, but the bad stuff started to overwhelm the good and the trip home really stunk. At least it didn't come unglued, but the whole process could have been handled much better.

Another bad omen was this guy didn't want to dyno a boss 302 SCCA prepped car. The Carlisle people even got involved since it was the Boss car reunion. Last two guys I left dyno the car also did NASCAR truck series trucks after the races for publicity at the tracks.

Jamie