Dyno graphs

• Sponsors (?)

there is one guy running 8's in the quarter with ~1000hp.
There are lots of people running 9's and tens, but the real fun is making resonable power with 200lbs less on the nose. Makes for a lot of fun in the twisties.:D
These engines have a lot of potential. It is easy to make 300hp, but beyond that, it gets sorta expensive, because you need a bigger turbo.

bhuff30 said:
there is one guy running 8's in the quarter with ~1000hp.

There is a fella by the name of Don Nase running 7's now. There are two 8 second cars (Joe Morgan, Fred House), and quite a few 9 second cars (Jon Huber, Jon Dell Blair, Snoopstang, Allen Moore, etc.). I won't even begin to mention all the 10, 11, and 12 second cars.

Stinger

I wasn't trying to burn you guys!

Crovax said:
Faster than your GT.
Well I wasn't making fun of you guys at all... In fact I want to put a turbo in my car. I also was thinking about buying a 2.3 turbo. Wow some people get so hostile... by the way Crovax, every time you get smoked by '99+ GT think of me while you are shedding your tears. Just because you have a little engine doesn't mean you have to get all defensive. :owned:

John

Stinger said:
There is a fella by the name of Don Nase running 7's now. There are two 8 second cars (Joe Morgan, Fred House), and quite a few 9 second cars (Jon Huber, Jon Dell Blair, Snoopstang, Allen Moore, etc.). I won't even begin to mention all the 10, 11, and 12 second cars.

Stinger
Wow, that's truely amazing. What kinds of mods do you have to do to get enough power and torque to run 11's on a 2.3T? How much boost is needed to hit that mark and how street legal / (every day driver safe) are they?

Well, one of the 9 second (9.45@145mph) SVO's is driven to work a few times a week...drives it to the track, etc. Turbo cars are almost always very streetable because they aren't under boost while cruising around. They are just another n/a motor.

Mods for 11's? A good suspension and driver. A cheap Holset turbo, home ported head and intakes, header (optional), stock block, rods, pistons, etc. front mount IC, 25-30psi, bigger injectors, something to run those injectors (eec tuner, standalone EFI, etc.). That should do it. If not turn up the boost or spray it :D

BTW...it's pretty hard to get beat by a 99GT when driving a 2.3T if you have any mods at all...99GT's aren't "fast" by any stretch of the imagination.

Well that's tight!

BTW... I hate to burst your bubble, but when I visited your site i looked under your stats and your kill list and I'm sorry but that doesn't add up. There is no way that "Fourced" ('91) would even be close to me. All you would see are my tail lights. Your quarter mile time of 14.8 at a mere 93.7 is horrendous. My car when it was stock with an auto in it was running 14.3's all day. And with the minor mods I've done I'm seen low 13's every time. So to say that '99+ stangs are slow is just plain ignorant. :owned:

I'm a litte confused on the Gillis boost valve. Do you just plug it up and turn a nob to adjust the boost or do you switch springs to adjust it? Also if its a turn type how do you adjust it ?

As for the V8 guy I would have to say the 99+ mustangs are not bad but not the fastest thing going around. Even you would have to admit that these four bangers are a force to be reckoned with and if you don't than you are the fool. I'm not saying these four bangers are the fastest cars around but they are deffenetly a contender. I got a guy here in town who runs 9's using a 2.3T making 733 wrhp and a few more around here in the 12's. The big deal is guy is how much money you spnt to run that low 13's compared to what we spend. The cool thing also is when I rev my motor no one can tell if its anything other than a four banger that gets great gas mileage.

Heres the 9's 2.3T web site.

http://hometown.aol.com/fourced/

JHRide00 said:
Wow, that's truely amazing. What kinds of mods do you have to do to get enough power and torque to run 11's on a 2.3T? How much boost is needed to hit that mark and how street legal / (every day driver safe) are they?

John Dell said once," its not fun if you can't drive it on the street," His 2.3T runs 9"s. (he also has a Supra and a Evolution)

JHRide00 said:
Well that's tight!

BTW... I hate to burst your bubble, but when I visited your site i looked under your stats and your kill list and I'm sorry but that doesn't add up. There is no way that "Fourced" ('91) would even be close to me. All you would see are my tail lights. Your quarter mile time of 14.8 at a mere 93.7 is horrendous. My car when it was stock with an auto in it was running 14.3's all day. And with the minor mods I've done I'm seen low 13's every time. So to say that '99+ stangs are slow is just plain ignorant. :owned:
I'll say it, your car is slow.
Are you reading our forums because your were PWNT by a 2.3?
Are you scared Mr. OMFGLOLWTFIRUN13'S! :owned:

To answer your question... as I said before I'm most likely going to turbocharge my car and I'm thinking about purchasing a 2.3 T so lay off dick. I didn't try to flame anyone until some pr!ck decided to say that his 254 HP (probably not at the wheels) car is running over '99 GT all day long. I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. I just have a hard time believing the b.s. that comes out of some people's mouths especially when they list kills like Honda Preludes and other pathetic cars.... What's next? a Chevy Cav as a kill. Do you want a cookie? I have no problem believing that there are guys with 700 wrhp in their 2.3 T. I was just wondering what kind of mods it takes to get there.

John

p.s. I know that my car is slow, but at least I'm the first to admit it.
p.p.s. I'll still roll out stinger all day.

:rlaugh: I sure hope you don't take Cro seriously.
Anyway, the 2.3 is pretty fun to play around with, cheap, and easy to work on. Hell, my timing belt broke sunday night and it only took my 1hr to put on a new one... and that's because I spent 30min trying to get the cam timing right. :doh: At the same time though, they can be a huge PITA. Stinger made most of those kills, like the camaro right after he put the car together. Then, it just started not running right, and he never got a quartermile pass when it was running right. These engines can be finiky.

Hell I don't care if I'm slow its the thrill of the race that I love :nice:

As for mods on a 2.3T, to get a 2.3T to move (in my opinion only) takes a lot of thought to do. The reason I believe this is there is not a lot of aftermarket parts for these cars and its a big DIY type of care. I mean you really can't take it to some tunner to get it to run 12's or less. Some of our so called HotRod parts are just swaped in from newer 2.3Ts like a 87-88' TC which helps out some. Heck one of the cams we use comes off a 91-93 2.3L mustang or 91-97 ranger :rolleyes: If want you can click on my site and watch as I slowly add some more power to my SVO. So fair I'm working on my intakes and then I will start bolting her back to gather. She should be around 225-250 wrhp and I know thats not a lot of power but since I open road race that is all I really need in my class. Stock my car ran a 15.5 1/4 and I may get around a 14.00-14.99 which is enough for most ricers I run across ;)

Now for the 2.3T that beat a 99GT I think your talking about Stingers and his has around 280 rwhp which probly could take a 99' GT out. Heck a 2.3T weighs 40-75lbs less than a 5.0L how much difference is there from a 4.6 and that is just the motor ;)