Dyno testing results

Power Surge

Founding Member
Jul 20, 2002
Palm Coast, FL
Not sure if this belongs in tech or technical write ups, so I'll let the admins decide :).

I had a chance to do some dyno testing on a stock GT today. Here are our results....

We baselined the car, stock. It made 269/291. Nice strong car. Good start. Surprisingly the car was pretty rich. About 11.7 at WOT. Would be nice for a blown car ;).

Next we loaded in an SCT tune for a stock GT (we tune with both SCT and Diablo products). Next pull the car made 277/295. Most power was gained from 4k and up. The A/F was in the high 13s, leaner than I'd like to see.

After that I wanted to see how SCTs fuel settings did with stock timing, so I made that tune and loaded it up. As expected, power dropped a bit to 272/292. The power drop was through the entire powerband.

From there it was time to build our own tune. We adjusted a few things and richened up the lean A/F down to a nice 12.8-12.9. Power was back up to 276/293.

Next we tried going up another 2 degrees of timing from our previous tune. The car made identical power and torque. Nothing to be gained there.

Then we installed our PSP Induction Kit. Power rose to 287/301. There was an improvement of power and torque through the entire powerband. At 5k rpms, There was 9 more hp and 10 more ft-lbs. A/F was a tad lean.

On the next pull we fixed the A/F back to the 12.9 range, and only lost 1 hp and 1 ft-lb.

Next we installed the Bassani axle back it. The next pull rose to 287/303. But it picked up 4hp and 5 ft-lbs through the entire powerband. Plus it sounds great and has those killer stainless rolled Bassani tips :D.

So starting with 269/291, we raised power up to 287/303 with just a PSP tune, PSP air kit, and Bassani axle back.

Before and after dyno graph:

05GT.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Is that PSP air induction kit your own personal intake or your companies... do you have any pictures of it as we are always interested in new stuff :)

oh. and thats some great numbers :nice:
-mike