Dyno Tuned yesterday...... something isnt right..... 404hp 396tq??

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
Well, i finally got tuned at alterative auto performance in mt clemens michigan by Lidio.... Something isnt right...
i made 404.4 rwhp and 396 tq at 10.9 psi + methanol injection :shrug: not to mention ported TW heads, wolverine 1190 cam, a cam almost exactly like the TFS stage 1, and a ported upper and lower cobra intake.... (plus the rest of the stuff in my sig)

here is the sheet:

PICT0184.jpg

In the a/f ratio you can see at about 3300 rpms where the methanol inj kicks in and the a/f starts going down to 12.5

Timing was set at 12* and the BTM is at .5
Fuel pressure is the one thing that bothers me.... with the vac tube off, my pressure gauge read 56#'s shouldnt that be around 40??

if i turn that down to 40 now, after the tune will it make me go way lean?

Why is my car peaking at 404 hp and 396 tq??

now it also has a hanging idle issue when decelerating and what feels like a miss while cruising under no load (that goes away as soon as i accelerate even the slightest bit)

needless to say i was dissappointed.... Lidio said that cars comparable to mine should easily make 425-450 easily :shrug:

Attachments

• PICT0184.jpg
    PICT0184.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

I cant belive he let you leave with your A/F looking like that, I would NOT get on that car at all your a/f is scary.
The reason your makin s h i t for power is because that is a s h i t tune.
Your a/f should be steady not all over the board, you have a fuel issue goin on somewhere big time!
As soon as you seen your FP was f u c k e d you shoulda stoped, lucky you didnt pop a headgasket with that a/f
Figure your fuel problem out and go back.

eades5.0 said:
I cant belive he let you leave with your A/F looking like that, I would NOT get on that car at all your a/f is scary.
The reason your makin s h i t for power is because that is a s h i t tune.
Your a/f should be steady not all over the board, you have a fuel issue goin on somewhere big time!
As soon as you seen your FP was f u c k e d you shoulda stoped, lucky you didnt pop a headgasket with that a/f
Figure your fuel problem out and go back.
i looked at your a/f and said the same thing. it should be a nice somewhat straight line. your's looks like the rocky mountains. it should look like the gobi desert...slight sand hills if anything.

Your AF looks like an NA car's AF. I think Lidio knows what he is doing, but by the looks of that graph it sure looks like the tune is off to me.

You may want to check your cam timing too down the road, it doesn't look like your car is anywhere near signing off yet where the dyno pull stopped. I'd have made the pulls to at least 6000rpms based off of that graph, your peak would have surely been higher.

what would make my AF ratio look like that??? i did notice that but what in the world would cause it?

12* was my base timing i dont know what my total is?

i called lidio and i think i am going to go back and see what we can do about my "missing" problem but as far as my a/f ratio and my poor numbers.... i dont know?

95CobraMike said:
what would make my AF ratio look like that??? i did notice that but what in the world would cause it?

I wonder if there could be different degrees of filtering and for this pull the filtering was off or turned way back or something kinda like that :shrug:

12* was my base timing i dont know what my total is?

Did you see your same thread you posted in tuning where Don & I made some comments :shrug:

Grady

Your A/F looks like a person having a heart attack and slowly dying at the end. It should be a lot more steady then that, I can't see why they didn't raise the red flag on that. I would go back and ask what's the reasoning on such a poor A/F and why wasn't it corrected or told you you may have a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.

95CobraMike said:
what do you mean by filtering?

Your fuel curve is not as smooth as most seen on these sites.

I do know there is some kind of filtering or smoothing available and only wondered if something like that might cause your curve to show up the way it did.

Each line is only 1/5 of a point so the variation is not as great as it first appears btw :)

yeah i saw your replys in the other thread :nice: so my total is 21.5 and base is 12?
thanks

You would have 21.5 total and the 12 at the dizzy would be included

or in other words ...........

If you changed your dizzy to read 10 your new total advance would be 19.5 with all the things I laid out in that post that effected your total spark value during that pull.

Grady

Personally I think your timing is way too conservative if you are injecting it. Did you try to make a run without the injection just to see what a baseline would be? You are only running 5-6 degrees less timing than me and Im not injected.

let's not forget that the injection also adds fuel. were you using straight methanol or was it a mixture? if it is a mixture, then that might be a possible explanation for the a/f all over the place (not thoroughly mixed?)

when does the injection system kick in?

draksdad, pm sent

blackvert, straight methanol, it kicks in at about 3200 rpms (you can kinda see it in the AF graph)

eades, i had a chip before, just not tuned to my new combo, but yes i got a new chip if thats what you are asking

s/cblack95gt, so you are running 16-17 base and 26-27 total? what kind of AF ratio did you see with that? you also have 30# injectors where i have 42# i couldnt have been running out of fuel :shrug: ??

Grady, you're the man....:nice: are most AF ratio graphs measured out in .2 increments?

You shouldnt be running striaght methanol 1st off
As for your timing, you should be at 10 base and the tuner takes full control over timing tables thru-out the rpms, he can change all of the timing and just cause a stock car picks up X amount of timing doesnt mean yours is. Only your tuner knows what he has your total timing at (which is crucial)

What was up with your FP?

Maybe you have a dead fuel pump?
What fuel pumps are you running?

You have plenty inj for your combo, PLUS methanol so obviously something in your fuel sys else where needs atten