Dyno/Tuner in Fort Wayne, IN?

Drew0318

Aug 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm getting a list of bits around and need to know where to take the car for a tune, so I can give them a call in advance and get an idea on cost before ordering said bits.

I've emailed BrenSpeed (in Plymouth), and they said $875 for an SCT and dyno tune. Being new to all this, I don't know if that's reasonable or outrageous.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

That's what I was afraid of.

My second question related to that: should the car be trailored, or could it be driven?

I'm looking at changing the MAF, CAI, smaller pulley, injectors/pump, and possibly a throttle body. I wouldn't want to chance it by driving it 180 miles to the dyno.

Didn't think so. Is it a possibility a potential tuner (MPH for example) sends you a tune for the SCT so it's at least driveable, or is a trailor the only absolute option? Reason I ask, I don't have any friends with trailors anymore.

I'll give MPH a call later today and get some info from them. Thanks for the lead.

Brent from Brenspeed is a great guy but doesnt do much with the SN95 cars, he did install my blower a few years ago but has really went to 05+ now. I would defiantly take my car there again if it was an 05 or newer but as Kilgore said, go to MPH for the SN95's.

I am taking my car to MPH the end of Feb for a pulley change, intercooler install, and tune.

Yeah. I can't remember who it was I spoke to at BS, but I got the idea they were primarily 05+ (this was evident on their website as well). Which is unfortunate for me, as I'm only 80 miles from them.

I did get my midpipe from them though. May get the SCT from them as well (if it gets down to it).

Brenspeed F***ED my car up. I would stay away from them but thats just my opinion.

The best tuner I've been to, and I've been to alot, is Lidio at Alternative Auto. I've had Paul's High Performance, Brenspeed, Straightline Performance, Exotic Performance Plus and a few others tune my car over the years and Lidio was better than any of them. I'm very picky and with my car being an auto no one could give me the driviability I wanted. Lidio nailed it and it drives like its bone stock on the street.

MPH wouldn't be bad either since they moved close to the area also.

Called MPH. $750 for tuner and dyno/tune. Hmmm. He said given the list of bits I was looking at, I could see a 60-70hp gain. Decisions, decisions.

Looking at about $2k with that latest info.

He also said I *could* drive it there, if I stayed out of the boost. I told him that's easier said than done. He laughed.

Would trailor it in any case.

Can't get through to Kurgan...

Edit. Got ahold of Kugan. They're $50 cheaper. Sounds like a coin toss.

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone new is reading, I went to Mike Post at DynotuneMP in Dekalb Illinois and got a sct4 chip and a custom tune for my 88 mustang gt convertible after i had my top end kit installed. Mike started pressing buttons and my car gained 41+ rwhp and 37 torque. It was my first time in and he charged me $350 for the tune and $200 for the chip. He said future tunes would cost less because of repeat business. Supercharged engines cost $100 more for the tune he also said. Plus he got rid of my annoying idle. Also i had questions. He answered every one of them and also explained why. Whats more is he informed me where i could get additional gains by changing some previous mods and explained why. This guy is great. The car runs better than it has ever before. I couldnt be happier. Thanks Mike!