Dynoed on motor, and 100 shot

94gtslow

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Temple,Texas
Dyno is on motor, then on 100 shot NX wet kit, can't wait to take it to the track then up it to the 150 shot.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/94gtslow/johncar2.jpg

johncar2.jpg

Attachments

• johncar2.jpg
    johncar2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

Good numbers!! :nice:

A couple of things I noticed from the dyno sheet.

1) Nice flat torque and hp curves (especially N/A). Looks like a really good combo.

2) The air/fuel looks pretty lean. Is it tuned to be that way? When the nitrous hit, it went to around 17:1. That sounds pretty lean to me (even when N/A). Maybe that's the way it's tuned? Be careful for the detonation bug. I would hate to see a good running combo hurt some valves and pistons.

Let us know how she does at the track. You already have posted some pretty respectable 60' times, so this thing ought to fly. :banana:

Phil

What should the A/F be on nitrous anyways, I have no clue?

I have it dyno tuned with a superchips chip for N/A, and I just spray over that tune, Or should I spray on the stock tune, it it s flip chip stock computer tunes N/A. theft etcc. 7 different settings.

Pluges are 103's gapped at 35 two steps colder.

I can't WAIT to spray my car this spring, you just got me really fired up! Guess I know where that tax return is going...

As far as A/F goes, that is hugely dependent on the particular engine combo. You have to pull the plugs and check them out... if you are running too lean, then your plugs will have a bluish tinge to the entire plug.

Just right will have the strap showing a slightly bluish tinge, but the rest of spark plug should be normal.

A rich condition is a bit harder to tell, but you are obviously not running too rich!

Adam

your car is rediculously lean for the bottle and it will probably be worse on the street when the full load of the car is placed on the motor, a dynojet only loads the car to the weight of the drum.

you need to pull some timing and or maybe go with a bigger fuel jet. Your motor will probably pick up even more power by adding fuel and dropping some timing.

my gt40 setup was around your a/f when I put it on with 16 degrees of timing. I backed it to 14 and raised FP, brought the a/f as close to 13.0 as I could with the 3 dyno passes I had. I picked up 13 hp and 11 foot pounds

I would want my bottle a/f at least at 12.5:1 even if it cost me power.

what fuel pump are you runnin? do you have a booster pump? what inj size?

I ran a 125 dry shot and 30# and i was runnin fat with a dry shot.

I would increase your fuel jet but make sure you can supply it. You might lose a few horses becuz the lean conditions is causing more horsepower but its better to give up a couple and run safer.