Dynomax Catback w/ SS tips (LX Style)

boostfrk

10 Year Member
Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
I'll be in the market for a new exhaust after the first of the year, and am looking for something fairly quiet (close to stock maybe just a bit louder). From what I've read the Dynomax Super Turbo setup may be a good fit for this, but the only system I can find with the ST mufflers has the aluminized tips, not the stainless ones.

Is there a full catback system with the ST mufflers that has stainless tips, or will I have to piece together a system myself (mufflers, flowtubes, and tips)?

I've also noticed that most catback systems come with the U-bend clamps for attachment of the flow tubes and tips at the muffler inlet/outlet. Do most people have success with these style of clamps, or is finding a band clamp a better solution to prevent leaks?

• Sponsors (?)

I contacted Dynomax direct and they confirmed that such a kit doesn't exist.

I guess I'll have to piece this together (flow tubes, mufflers, tailpipes, and band clamps) if I go this route.

Why not consider the ultra flo system?

Most exhaust systems are much louder because of the absence of cats. Do you have them?

As for the band clamps, they can be your best friend, or your worst enemy, if they seal right it will leave your exhaust infinitely adjustable, if they don't you will be extremely annoyed.

Without cats won't make it quiet than you think but it will be noticeably quieter than a chambered muffler (Flowmaster, MAC, etc.). The UltroFlow's should be not as loud. Personally I was considering the Steeda Super Quiet Mufflers offered by Dynomax but I don't think it's available any longer. I was also running a stroker 347 with LT's and 3" collector, so much for quieting that thing down. Piece it together then.

Definitely band clamps, and assemble the system using "exhaust repair paste" in the exhaust aisle at your local parts store, smeared on the joining surfaces. They won't leak that way and you'll still be able to get them apart.

Steeda's "Super Quiet" mufflers were probably Walker Quiet Flows, which are a nice compromise between stock and the usual aftermarket loudness. The only problem is they neck down to 2.25 inside.