Dynomax Owners

955.0HO

Founding Member
Nov 14, 2001
St. Louis
Who has a dynomax catback? I am tried of my flowmasters restricting flow and annooying the crap out of me on the highway.

How much did you pay for your catback and how was the fit and sound?

I've heard dynomax on mustangexhaust.com but never in person. I just want some deep bass when Im on the throttle, no drone and no rasp.

I dont know if I should be looking for Magnaflow either, but all the prcies i've seen for magnaflow catbacks are like 350-450 and thats a little more than i wanna spend.

Lastly my buddy has dynomax sidechaust with an h pipe and it sounds like a harley davidson and i do not want that sound either, popping sound undering acceleration.

give me some input please

• Sponsors (?)

you can look up Merc123's (sp?) post. He put some threads with his car with dynomax super turbos. The Super Turbos are quiter than the Ultra Flo's. Just note that dynomax mufflers will be lot quieter than the flowmasters you have. But i love mine with the mrt off road H-pipe.

I'm not worried about it being quiet, I just want something that flows, my flowmasters feel restrictive as crap. I've read that dynomax outflows all other catbacks(correct me if im wrong).

Anyway im just looking for quiet with a deep bass when I hit the gas.

I've had a headache for a week straight almost from my 20 mile highway driveway each way to work everyday.

Anyone with more clips i couldnt get any of Merc123's to play

955.0HO said:
I'm not worried about it being quiet, I just want something that flows, my flowmasters feel restrictive as crap. I've read that dynomax outflows all other catbacks(correct me if im wrong).

Anyway im just looking for quiet with a deep bass when I hit the gas.

i'm sure that when it comes to flowrates magnaflows and dynomax comes very close. It also sounds similar when comparing my welded dynomax superturbos and my friends magnaflow catback. But for the price Superturbos all the way. Wonder who else has sound clips of dynomax catback or mufflers. i wish you can hear mine.. :D

if i could i would drive to meet you but thats just too far. Haha, There are only flowmasters around here i cant stand it anymore.

So you just welded in superturbos? how much did that cost? and how much do the whole catbacks cost?

WHo sells them online? I wanna see some pics with the dynomax tailpipes too. i wanna get 2.5" all the way through, and my stock tailpipes look like crap now

955.0HO said:
if i could i would drive to meet you but thats just too far. Haha, There are only flowmasters around here i cant stand it anymore.

So you just welded in superturbos? how much did that cost? and how much do the whole catbacks cost?

WHo sells them online? I wanna see some pics with the dynomax tailpipes too. i wanna get 2.5" all the way through, and my stock tailpipes look like crap now

yeah i had the superturbos welded on the stock catback. I had flowmasters before with my MRT H-pipe and sound quality wasn't healthy at all. Plus they were annoying, so i went with dynomax. They flow much better. Gained HP throughout the powerband, more up top though. The cost for the superturbos welded was $150. Pretty cheap huh? You can get them online for around $50-$60 a piece. As for the cost of a whole catback, you might want to try ebay or do a search. What i believe is that a full 2.5 inch catback won't give that much more HP so i just went with the welded route. Just remember, flowmasters are loud with an off road h-pipe. If you get superturbos it'll be almost silent compared to the flowmasters but more HP baby.. good luck

-john

I have had dynomax bullet mufflers on my last two mustangs. I have been very happy with these mufflers. They flow great, straight through design, and the sound deep, and melow. Best of all they are oly about 35 bucks apeice. These were not on a cat back just weldedd, and larger tips applied.

Scott :flag: