Eagle alloy wheels

i just bought a set of eagle polished alluminum wheels, and they look really good but i went to polish them and it was wierd because the stuff made them look even worse, its like theres run marks and water spots on them that i cant seem to clean off, anyone know what this might be? and how i might go about fixin it

• Sponsors (?)

Most aftermarket wheel companies put on some sort of polymer that is used to initially protect the wheel from dust and surface scratches before installed on a vehicle. The HUGE problem with this polymer is that it's consistency is very questionable when you clean the wheel. This can happen often. Probably the best solution I can give you is that you gotta wipe the hell out of those wheels to get all the way through the polymer to the metal itself, that will probably be the only way you can really clean the wheels without crap everywhere. Or get it repolymered which costs probably about the same price as you purchased the wheels for.

That would probably be fine, but after that you must use something (other than a polish) to protect the wheel unless you wash your car every 3-5 days. You want to keep the wheels clean and protected so that their finish does not corrode and become irreversible.