ebay pre-made iac & egr restrictor. who has one?

• Sponsors (?)

The IAC one came with my new plenum and throttle body combo. The only difference I noticed was that when I got on it a few times right after I installed it, the car stalled when the rpm came down. It came down FAST for about 10 minutes, then the car just corrected itself and now idles like it did before. I'm still gonna give it some more drive cycles to see if it gets better, but right now I notice no difference. I did the old pipe cap mod to my last car and got better results.

As for my EGR, I just cut a piece out of the side of a pop can, and slipped it between the egr gasket and the valve and cut it to size, since I have all emissions equipment turned off. I am noticing a difference from that!

I have the IAC restrictor in my Cobra. Also bought it on ebay. I hated that hanging idle and this worked great for that. It also gave me a nice "drop" sound between shifts as the revs come down a lot quicker. You'll like it.

Rofl I never understood why people think RPM's dropping between shifts is a GOOD thing!?!? When racing you want your RPM's (and thus speed) to drop as little as possible between shifts.

I just ordered both as well. My RPMs hang on de acceleration around 2,000, then they jump down to 1,500. I will give it a try and will see what happens.

well mine were shipped out today, but i wanted to do what ryan suggested so i cut a soda can to the size of the egr gasket and put that inbetween. i noticed a difference right away! looks like ill just be using the iac restrictor. i suppose this would be a full egr delete?