edelbrock 750 vs holley 750

• Sponsors (?)

Well...let me try my best to not be biased on my answer. It'll be tough because i don't see Edels as a true performance carb...they're more of a daily driver carb and too much like a quadrajet to me.

The thing people like about Edel carbs is they're "easy to tune". Well, that's only true to people who don't take the time to learn how to tune a Holley, and what makes a Holley so "hard" to tune anyways? There's a ton of info out there on how to tune a Holley, and they even sell a DVD that puts things in idiot terms so that even a complete rookie can do things like change jets, set the floats, set the choke etc.

When it boils down to it, i see Edel carbs as more of a daily driver carb, whereas Holleys are more of a performance/race carb (no matter what style of either carb you choose). Don't be intimidated by the extra tuning options on a Holley...adjust the things you know about and don't touch the things you don't until you learn about them. Buy a few books, buy that DVD (check Holley's website) and educate yourself, and you'll be better off in the end with a Holley IMO.

Lastly do some real world research...go to the drag strip and see how many Edel carbs you see vs. how many Holleys you see. Would NASCAR run Edel carbs if they were allowed? I highly doubt it (i guess i failed on the nonbiased portion of this one..lol).

X2, if you're just gonna throw a carb on it to drive, or you don't know a whole lot about carbs then the Edelbrock is for you. The Holley is more of a "performance" carb & is more adjustable & in my opinion the better carb. I worked in a speed shop for a long time many moons ago & alot of people badmouthed the Holley, most of the time it was because they didn't know squat about carbs. Funny thing was the same people would praise a Demon (which is essentially a shiny trick looking Holley)

I personally run edelbrock carbs, the thunder series, but have also run a holley 750, I tuned each of them my self and think overall the holley is only a tad bit more work but still pretty simple to tune, my only reason for running the eddy's is that they are just more reliable, (less parts inside to go bad), I do believe for performance the holley carb would prolly make a tad more power but nothing drastic, if it's a street car go eddy or holley if its a race car.

The eddy carb I used was on a 420hp chevy 350 which I daily drove for about a year until I sold it,never had a problem, the holley was on a friends truck that I built an engine for, also a 350 but it was a pure track engine making close to 500hp or more, also no problems with the holley, so I say its up to you.

Daily=Edelbrock
Race=Holley