EGR problems

reZnor13

May 19, 2004
my car has been running like crap lately, no power when first starting out, backfiring every once in a while. i replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, cleaned K&N, cleaned the MAF sensor, and pulled codes, only had one, 332, EGR flow insufficient, i searched here and found the test for the EGR valve , i pulled vaccum on the little hose connection and the car didnt stall, which means my valve is stuck right? my question is: is there any way to fix it, or do i need a new one?($70) Does anyone have one lying around from an EGR delete? Also, will a 5.0 one work?
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I think I have one laying around...you'd be wasting your money though. Either delete it or (if you have to do a visual inspection) just put a block off plate between it and the intake.

Unfortunately the EGR isn't the problem though...

what do you mean by "the EGR isn't the problem"? i dont really want to do the EGR delete because it kills the gas mileage and i cant really afford that right now. also, would a EGR valve from an 81 2.3 work? it doesnt have the electrical connection, just the vaccum line