Fox egr tube to back of heads is leaking a black goop from it

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure about that
I worked at the dealer and we used new Ford stuff
Pipes and one way valves
Hell I didn't even know they were threaded
The factory ones just seal with a good machined fit. (like the exhaust manifolds)
The aftermarket Dorman pipes use a gasket I believe

Not sure about that
I worked at the dealer and we used new Ford stuff
Pipes and one way valves
Hell I didn't even know they were threaded
The factory ones just seal with a good machined fit. (like the exhaust manifolds)
The aftermarket Dorman pipes use a gasket I believe
when I first took the pipe off I didn't feel any threads I didn't realize how much carbon was in there it's crazy.what happens now does it just get burned up now?

Well no
It just starts plugging the port once you block it off
You could always bring it back by replacing all the parts and cleaning the ports
That is if you have to pass an I/M test someday
Our state 30 years is an antique and you sign your own inspection
I take it yours is similar?

Well no
It just starts plugging the port once you block it off
You could always bring it back by replacing all the parts and cleaning the ports
That is if you have to pass an I/M test someday
Our state 30 years is an antique and you sign your own inspection
I take it yours is similar?
ya I'm in Massachusetts after 15 years no emissions testing just safety

Reactions: 1 user
I'm gonna jump in here, teflon liquid or tape would be useless there, its really hot in that area, like almost exhaust temp hot so you should use something that is for that type of sealant, likely you won't need any if you can turn it in far enough. Spread the sealant on the threads then install in head, let it cure overnight.

I'm gonna jump in here, teflon liquid or tape would be useless there, its really hot in that area, like almost exhaust temp hot so you should use something that is for that type of sealant, likely you won't need any if you can turn it in far enough. Spread the sealant on the threads then install in head, let it cure overnight.
a red rtv or like exhaust sealer

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have red or copper

I can get 3 to 4 turns in,the passenger side went in further just wanna wait and see what I should use to seal them in I was on my way to the parts store so Incase I have it I'll wait for replays but I have blue lock tight or high temp red rtv or the copper rtv

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-094359_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-094359_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 28