electric water pump

I am trying to put in my electric water pump. It is a proform wp and the part # is 68220BK. It says to prevent failure of the motor, use a fuseable link (10-30amp). Most of the people from summit were telling me to run a 30 amp relay that I can get from a place like napa and run it like that. I know nothig about electircal but it just a water pump so I think I can do it myself. As long as it is a 30 amp relay, is there any way I can get the wrong one. I am trying to save myself trips to napa. Also, any help with the install as far as the wiring would help. thank you

• Sponsors (?)

I would follow the directions that come with the pump. there is no need for a relay as you will want the pump to be on as soon as the car comes on. I would go ahead and use a 30amp inline fuse that you can get at any auto store. that way your pricey new pump wont burn up if there is a power surge. fusible links are worth their weight in gold. I have burned up more than one ECU and quite a few other pieces of electronics in my younger days by not using one.