Emission Compliant WEDD WACKERS ???

gp001

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2001
So. Cal.
Emission Compliant WEED WACKERS ???

I did my lawn today and my Craftsman weed trimmer finally bit the dust (I broke its little neck). So, after I shower and grab some iced tea I go online to check out the new ones. Every gas powered weed trimmer I clicked on said:

Not for sale in California

And had this little blurb:

California residents: This product does not meet current California emissions regulations. Please, go to our Store Locator to locate a nearby store that will have a similar, compliant product available.

What would make a gas powered, 2 stroke engine emissions compliant ???

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
I thought it would be four hooves, two horns and a tail...............:shrug:

Nah, the California Dept of Environmental Quality would consider the south end of a northbound farm animal to be a hazardous waste generator.

The only thing California considers to be 100% "emissions compliant" is an electric appliance; and that's only because they don't use any kind of fuel to generate electricity. They buy it all then they wonder why the state is broke all the time :scratch: :owned: :lol:

StangDreamin' said:
Nah, the California Dept of Environmental Quality would consider the south end of a northbound farm animal to be a hazardous waste generator.

The only thing California considers to be 100% "emissions compliant" is an electric appliance; and that's only because they don't use any kind of fuel to generate electricity. They buy it all then they wonder why the state is broke all the time :scratch: :owned: :lol:
:doh:

Oh man that's terrible. Are you allowed to buy nitro RC cars? They smoke a fair bit, I doubt they're compliant lol.

Oh, and if you want an emmisions compliant weed wacker, scissors is a good way to go. Unless you've been eating beans.

That's the thing, we ARE allowed to have gas trimmers/blowers/etc. They do sell them. I'm just trying to figure out how the 2 are different. It's not like they're gonna strap on a cat or a smog pump. Besides, every kid has one of those gas motored (same basic motor as a weed wacker/blower/chainsaw) scooters.

Don't feel bad, gp......Scottsdale, Arizona is following faithfully in your state's footsteps in legislating themselves to bankruptcy. About three years ago, my brother (while "in his cups") was ranting endlessly on that municipalitiy's foolishness; as they had enlisted a noise ordinance that banned gas-operated leaf blowers :rolleyes: Now guess who the second largest user of gas powered leaf blowers was - Scottsdale School District And the crews belong to said brother, along with all the Scottsdale School District plant and property maintenance crews. Since Scottsdale legislated his 45 leaf blowers out of legal existance; he had to hire (I don't remember the exact number between 15 and 20) guys to rake leaves! And then you can look at the largest user of leaf blowers. Uhhhhhhh, that would be a tie between the Parks Dept and the Street Dept of the City of Scottsdale! I can't imagine how many more guys they had to hire because they can't run all their leaf blowers.

At some point, you stop going :nonono: and start going :lol:. You can only feel sorry for somebody for so long; and when they keep shooting themselves in the foot, it just turns funny!

Still Dreamin'