Engine cuts out

dgm67

Oct 17, 2017
New problem, Had issues with engine skip that a distributor rebuild cured. Now a year and a half and very little mileage later it has cut out on me a couple times. Acts like the key was shut off. Pulled over the first time and after cranking a couple times it started right up and ran fine. Drove another couple miles and the same thing happened.This time I was going faster so turned the key off and back on and it started back up as the engine was still turning with drive train engaged. Is this something a TFI going bad can cause?? any other thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Have you double checked all the connections on and around the coil? I had something similar happen and it was a bad wire connection at the coil. When I first got my car it wouldn't start. I thought it was the TFI. Turned out it was a bad pickup. Had to take the distributor apart and install a new one.

Haven't had a chance to go over it with a fine tooth comb yet but did play around with wiring a little when I got home right after this all happened. Also purposely took a very bumpy road back to the house to see if that would cause it to happen again which of course it didn't.