ENGINE HELP NEEDED (410 Stroker)

hbk_136

Feb 28, 2004
Southeastern GA
ENGINE HELP NEEDED!!! (410 Stroker)

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Hello my fellow mustangers, I really need some help here. I am looking at purchasing a 95 black GT with a 410 stroker motor. The only thing is, the motor is not installed. It needs exhaust, transmission, and ignition system. It has the wiring harness and computer. I am looking to buy it at $5000. I figure with my estimates that a transmission will be $1000, exhaust system $800, and ignition system $200. I am not quite sure how accurate those numbers are, but it brings the total up to $7000. Please look over these numbers and correct me if i am wrong and let me know any extra info, like if the exhaust needed includes headers->back.

One last thing as well, what kind of output, at the flywheel and at the wheels, can i expect from the 410 stroker. Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide. Brian

• Sponsors (?)

Do you need the just transmission? or do you need the bellhousing and clutch as well(or convertor)?

Exhaust is going to set you back a MINIMUM of 800.(unless you find used stuff for cheaper) That motor is probaly going to need a pretty big sized primary, so the cost will hit you hard and fast.

Cant really say how much it'll make. Now, if you give a nice grocery list of the parts in/on the motor, you can get a decent idea of how much its making.

you will need a tremec TKO..i payed around $1300 for mine..and with that tranny you will need a different bellhousing...id suggest geting a lakewood or mcloud bell., and you will need a better clutch set up...like a spec stage 3...so for tranny,bell,clutch id say your looken at no less then $2K

for the exhaust id just go with a full mac set up...easyest and cheapest id say...get some 1 3/4 swap full length headers 3 inch pro chamber H pipe and 3 inch catback...or if you want to save money and dont care how loud it is get the 3 inch pro dumps, i had them..sound nasty..but alittle much for the street, probubly set you back between $900-$1000

So, the total cost is lookin to be around $3000 for the transmission and the exhaust? Not too bad i guess. How much will the ignition system run me?

Does anyone know about how much a 410 stroker will put out with the mods i am looking at?

Depending on the parts the motor has you could make 350-600HP...what is the combo?

I also say if your going to stay manual expect $2000+, and then atleast another $900 on the exhaust, go with a Digital 6+ $280, HVC coil $70...not counting any odds and ends it needs, it adds up quick.

Listen to Rick on this one. We both have gone through it and it is almost crazy how fast it adds up.
Take your figures and double them, then you'll be in the ballpark. With a 410 stroker you will need a good solid tranny and clutch, and maybe even a clutch quadrant, so expect an easy $2000.
Also dont be afraid to buy used parts. There are a lot of people that take off their parts to upgrade or downgrade, when they are perfectly good parts.