Engine noise in radio.

• Sponsors (?)

This is an old thread but today I decided to start taking out all factory amps and just gonna run my own wires from head unit to speakers, I'm 99% sure the noise is coming from factory amps, so this should get rid of the crazy sounds I get from time to time. I'm adding a sub to make up for the factory box which the sub will be way better.

Going in trash.
photo.jpg

I rather enjoy the sound of the Mach system, it is one of the best factory systems I've heard!

I figured out while building my new car what makes the noises. Its the crappy plug Ford used on the 94 models, it's right under the carpet near the driver side door. A big rectangular shaped plug. The 95's had a standard plug there which offered a better connection (never had this issue with my 95's!).

On a side note, if you are going to just throw that away, I'll pay shipping to send it to me! I would like to have a spare.

It does sound good for a factory unit but you cant hardly get a sub box in the trunk without blocking the spare without removing the mach unit, the sub will sound much better though, I'll send you the 3 factory amps if you want them, keeping speakers, and the box part to big to ship.Just send pm if you want.

nah thanks.. the box is kinda whats important but you are right, it would cost too much to ship it. You should leave it assembled and ebay it, I've seen Mach systems go for pretty good money on there!

yep that big connector and ground are normally the problems... MY problem was the same as yours you know when my car was running... all that crap got ripped out of my car everything is getting replaced and all new fresh wires anyway.

The problem with the car I just built was, somebody didn't know how to install a stereo correctly, they probably just started blindly cutting and splicing wires. One of the factory stereo plugs was cut from the harness! This is why I prefer the clean install of the factory stuff. Since I installed a new dash, all the dash wiring got changed with it so now my connections are all there.

I don't have the buzzing/crackling sound anymore, I cleaned that plug and up and taped it while holding it very tightly together. So far so good.