engine question

stangerdrew0716

Nov 20, 2003
ok...heres the deal...my car is a 95 v6 mustang...5spd...

the symptoms are basically...my car will says that it is over heating...but it is not...when it does this...my a/c flucuates from cold to not so cold...never warm...jus not as cold as i have it set to. when my car "tells" me it is over heating...it is very very doggish...(well more than usual...lol...sorry stupid v6 joke). however...once it hits like 3500 rpms...it kicks in...hard...like super turbo lag it feels like. i thought it was the head gasket...because i've heard about this...but i've noticed a large accumulation of oil around my valve covers...think this could be anything? i'm hoping its the valve covers...and the head gasket...

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like a head gasket. the same thing happend to me when i had my buick. the oil was mixing with the transmission fluid and when i turned the heat on in the winter it just blew cold air. just take it in to the shop its doing you no good to be driving it. :banana:

03silverstang said:
sounds like a head gasket. the same thing happend to me when i had my buick. the oil was mixing with the transmission fluid and when i turned the heat on in the winter it just blew cold air. just take it in to the shop its doing you no good to be driving it. :banana:
did you mean transmission fluid or radiator fluid?

the 94-mid 96 are known for their head gasket issues and not to long ago you could have gotten a free motor if it blew... but that was only for 7 years and the recall or tsb is gone... i would HIGHLY recommend getting a new head gasket and get a good brand not some autozone cheapo brand. inspect everything make srue its good you might need a rebuild but you could skimp out with only needed a head gasket replacment.