engine swap into? volvo? mazda? more????

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure but i'd be willing to guess it depends on the tools you have, like welder, cutting tools :) and such, because I'm sure you could fit a 5.0 in anything under the sun for the most part with enough money and the right equipment to do it with, so it all depends on your ambition.

-Bart

Show those ricers how to do it right, drop in a 5.0 into a little civic :rlaugh:

They make a kit to convert the Focus from front wheel to rear wheel drive and put the 5.0 in that. Saltymaz - do a google search under RX7 V-8 - you'll find a bunch of sites - very common swap for both Chevies and Fords. There's also kits to put them in the Miata - commonly referred to as a Monster.

And to say that all the Volvo needs is new motor mounts to mount the 5.0L is kind of like saying if you want to be a millionaire, well, just get a million dollars. It's quite a bit more involved - as is any engine conversion. Carbed doesn't necessarily make it any easier - just different. The Volvo efi system is just like the Mustangs - so switching one to a carb entails the same kinds of things you went through switching your 93 to carb.

My uncle shoehorned a 5.0 into a bronco II it was a mean MF had an, f cam, rpm airgap intake, heads, it was a fun 4 wheeling machine, cousin put one in a jeep it was stock but still fun, and pintos are fun also,that is all i can think about now